cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error processing request in sax parser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

we are using the same target message MT_SQL_INSERT_Request for two different data requests. They were both working until a month ago. Now only one is working. The second one processes through PI successfully but there are errors in the receiving communication channel and the message is never inserted into the SQL database table. I can see the following error messages when I view the status of the communication channel through the runtime workbench.  

Error while parsing or executing XML-SQL document: Error processing request in sax parser: Error when executing statement for table/stored proc. 'REQUEST' (structure 'Request_INSERT_Statement'): com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: A result set was generated for update.

Error processing request in sax parser: Error when executing statement for table/stored proc. 'REQUEST' (structure 'Request_INSERT_Statement'): com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: A result set was generated for update.

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Error processing request in sax parser: Error when executing statement for table/stored proc. 'REQUEST' (structure 'Request_INSERT_Statement'): com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: A result set was generated for update.

Do you have any idea what may have occurred?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using the same insert process in two separate messages.

One is working fine - the message is processed successfully and inserted into the receiving database table. The receiving communication channel processes successfully - all messages are good.

Message with ID 8ef6c467-9447-42b6-10bf-91368c42eee6 processed

Message processing completed successfully

The second message passes through PI successfully but the receiving communication channel errors with the messages I listed before. 

the interface is an asynchronous connection.

I would think that if the database was set to send the resultset back then the first message that is working would get a similar result back - but it is not. So i don't think this is the issue.

The first message TransactionType 4 always processes correctly - as expected.

The second message TransactionType 2 always fails with the same error.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Do you have any idea what may have occurred?

This is not a panic error. YOu are using MS SQLServer. The database sends the count updates for the insert or updates it does in the backend. Is your interface sync or async? Talk to you DBA to not send this resultset acknowledgement update. I guess there should be some option to get the resultset update.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks problem from Data base end,check with your DB team

http://www.inductiveautomation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5920