cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting Business Component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is the Business Component  name is same in all environment, in Dev, QA and Prod? or does it change accordingly? how do i transport it to the next environment? will it change in the next environment or will it be the same name?

example if i have Business Component: BC_D_MRI in dev then should it be BC_Q_MRI in QA? or does it appear the same BC_D_MRI in QA also.

thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bussiness component name will not get changed after transport,hence you have to create Bussiness system in SLD and create a Transport Target.

We have to be carefull while creating business component i.e avoind adding Dev or D ,Qual or Q  and Prod or P.

In your case the business component name reamains  BC_D_MRI only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

oh i see.. thanks Raja.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Business component is just similar to an another Integration directory component. Dont consider this as similar to SLD object. You can maintain the same name for all the environments. When you do transport your ID objects to other environment, dont forget to move business component. Otherwise transport would not be successful.

santosh_k3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prema,

Let me add few cents on this...

The main difference between the Business System and the Business Component(Business Service)

Business System are used for type Web AS ABAP ( SAP Sys)

for this we need to maintain transport targets while moving from one environment to the other

Ex:

RD1--->RQ1--->RP1

where as Business Component are used for third party system( Non SAP Sys)

For Business Component there is no need to maintain transport targets.

so the name you create in DEV same name will be moved to QA,PRD.

Regards

Sai