cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Requisition Slip in MM??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have one requirement to implement release strategy for Material Requisition Slip (MRS), based on MRS the materials will be issued from store, I would like to know what is Material Requisition slip and how we use it in SAP MM, please provide some details about it? Need to configure release strategy based on value+plant combination, please also put some suggestion on how to achieve it??

Your valuable inputs are appreciated in advance.

regards,

Anoop Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

amit_gupta44
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create standard reservation through MB21 and against that the stores will issue the material. but there is no standard release strategy available in MB21. For that you have to create a Z program. Create a reservation through Z program (with the help of BAPI) and during approval (through a Z screen), get the Mvt. allowed indicator ticked in background. Unless this indicator is ticked, stores cannot issue the materials against the reservation.

Regards

Amit Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Material Requisition Slip in SAP MM is known as Purchase Requisition.

Look for SAP help for Purchase Requisition (PR) release strategy and you can also refer the followings:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPLO/Release+procedure+for+Purchase+Requisition+in+MM

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70fef212-b6cb-2c10-e085-c84b80d70...

Good Wishes...

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for quick reply, and with what tcode we do store issue vouchers in sap mm?

Former Member
0 Kudos

ME51N. Look for SAP help for more details. Follow the link below and all subnodes in it.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata//EN/75/ee1fa755c811d189900000e8322d00/frameset.htm

If you need to map Material Requisition Slip physical slip number into PR look for a field called Requirement Tracking Number in ME51N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martian,

Thanks for quick reply, my requirement is that materials should be issued from warehouse based on Material Requistion Slip, may be now it is clear and you can help me what and how it would be done?

Thanks,

Anoop

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1977 we had such preprinted slips. issued by the department head, given to a best boy, who then went to the warehouse to get the material against this slip.

1989 we printed such slips while entering reservations in our first system.

1997 with SAPs inventory managment we directly posted the goods issue and printed a material document which was signed by the receiver.

2000 we implemented WM, people directly entered a Transport request, the warehouse personell created a TO from this TR and while confirming the TO we posted the goods issue in background.

2010 we built a webinterface that displays mainly the stock list like LX02, and people can "buy like in Amazon", they see immediatly what is avaiable, and the time the need to walk from their desk to the store, the warehouse guys have picked the material and put it to the take-ways zone. they confirm then theirselfs that they got the material, which is nothing else than the LT12 confirmation (and the goods issue is still done in background)

But the process is paperless except for hazardous materials.

so which years solution is what you want?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen for the details

is there a way that people still creates these material requisitions in SAP MM and if yes then please provide me the tcodes if possible?? For me its a whole new concept and I would like to do some RnD and some tests on that.

Thanks again for your valuable explaination

JL23
Active Contributor
former_member186100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I fear only with MM u cannot have release strategy  for Mat . req. slip. , which generally we call reservation in sap. Tcode is MB21 .

But there can be a work around when reservation is created do not allow movt. allowed tick in it. U cannot issue material against a reservation unless movement allowed tick is there.

develop a separate transaction , to mark check box in by approving authority. Give it a thought  and make it work