cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deploy axis adapter PI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I know there are many discussions regarding this subject. I have gone through all of them many times but still it is not clear. In fact I have not been able to deploy the adapter succesfully.

I have to call from PI 7.0 a web service in a server implementing NTLM authentication. For this reason, I have created generated the aii_af_axisprovider.sda file following note 1028961. I have downloaded from Apache site the axis-1.4 package. First question, do I need just the following jar files:

axis.jar

commons-discovery-0.2.jar

commons-logging-1.0.4.jar

commons-net-1.0.0.jar

wsdl4j-1.5.1.jar

Or do I need to add to the SDA files the following jars as well:

commons-codec-1.6.jar

commons-httpclient-3.0.jar

httpclient-4.1.3.jar

I haven't found in the notes and previous discussions what exactly do I have to include in the SDA file. If somebody can tell me, I would appreciate it a lot.

Thanks in advance

Jav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have already gone through various threads.  IMO, you need only the following jars

axis.jar

commons-discovery-0.2.jar

commons-logging-1.0.4.jar

commons-net-1.0.0.jar

wsdl4j-1.5.1.jar

>Or do I need to add to the SDA files the following jars as well:

NO.

Note: All those open source jars are based on java versions. Since you use jdk 1.4 for PI server 7.0 only the above mentioned jars enough. Plus SAP help document says the same. Please review this

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/45/a4f8bbdfdc0d36e10000000a114a6b/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Baskar, you are always so nice to share your knowledge.

Now I have a couple more questions. When I generate the aii_af_axisprovider.sda file using sdaMakerTool.jar, the provider.xml file by default include all of these jars:

I assume that all not necessary jars should be removed, right? Well, the problem is, the first time I deployed the SDA aii_af_axisprovider.sda I hadn't removed them. And now when I check Visual Administrator under Cluster --> Server --> Libraries --> com.sap.aii.af.axisproviderlib I see all of this

And under Cluster --> Server --> Services --> Deploy, I see component sap.com/com.sap.aii.adapter.axis.app with an status error

Would you suggest that I remove this component and then deploy again? Because I don't know how to handle this issue, I have deployed a couple of times the right sda file but the axis adapter doesn't start.

Thanks a lot in advance

Jav

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Because I don't know how to handle this issue, I have deployed a couple of times the right sda file but the axis adapter doesn't start.

There is a difference in procedure to create sda file between 7.0 and 7.1 PI versions. Unfortunately I don't have access to 7.0.  All the other jars such as Sandhesa, xmlsec are having versions to work in java 1.4 as well later versions.  Since the sdatoolmaker adds those files for creating sda file, I would let it add in the package. You might want to check the individual jar whether its version is compatible for your java 1.4. You need to go to apache site and see what jar version is compatible for jdk 1.4. If there is no version compatible then you might see error during adapter startup time.  BTW, do you see any error such as class not tound exception or version incompatible for any specific jar version during runtime.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, there are class not found exceptions in the SDM logs. But none is explained in the notes neither.

Would it be a good idea to remove the axis adapter from the Visual Administrator before deploy a new version of the SDA file with the SDM?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Javier,

I know you have read some notes already but here is a Wiki area I started with hopes that people using Axis will lend their knowledge there. If you find any more good content or wish to write about how this process is different in PI 7.0 please consider it:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/SOAP+AXIS

Regards,

Aaron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aaron, interesting wiki. I will add any useful content I find.