cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to maintain SAP APO Process Chains

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am looking for guidance on the maintenance SAP APO Process Chains. We have a 3 system landscape for APO (Dev, QA, Prod). The folks that are implementing our APO system claim that the Process Chains have to be maintained individually in each of the systems. We are expecially concerned with opening up our production environment to allow Process Chain manitenance. Our experience with BI contradicts that since we transport Process Chains across our landscape. Does anyone with APO experience know of a reason why Process Chains have to be maintained in each of the systems in the landscape? Is the information we are getting from the folks implementing APO correct?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have a lot of process chains in both APO - DP and SNP and as you have mentioned we maintain the process chains in the developement system and transport it to test and production. I dont see the need to maintain process chains in each landscape separately - opening production everytime you want to create / change a process chain is defenitely not a good idea.

Thanks

Aparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information. when transporting, what do you do with Integration Model steps which are variants to RIMODGEN. These appear to reference the logical system name. How do you handle those in the transport.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Once you transport variants for RIMODGEN and RIMODAC2 to your target system, run RCIFVARIANTCHANGE to let you change the logical system.

Best Regards,

Mike

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

David

Process Chains can be transported from Dev to QA and Production in APO just like BI.I've done this myself. However, for process chain changes, I've had to activate them directly in the target system (QA or Prod) after transport. I believe this is required in BI as well, so its not a APO specific thing.

Rishi Menon