cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apologies in advance. I know there is a lot of threads about FTPS and configuring the FTPS adapter. I've read most of them including:

http://scn.sap.com/people/rajasekhar.reddy14/blog/2010/04/13/how-to-configure-ftps-in-file-adapter

...and I just have a couple of follow up questions.

I have never created an FTPS adapter before but one particular wants us to use FTPS to send them a file. Fair enough. They have provided us with a certificate (a .crt file). I gave this to our BASIS team and they say that they have installed it.

Q1. If we have a dev, QA and Live environment do the BASIS team need to install this .crt file in all three environments ?

For now I assume it has been installed correctly. Within the adapter I as advised by the above blog I have selected:

Connection Security: FTPS (FTP Using SSL/TLS) For Control Connection

Command Order: Default

Now is where I am unsure.

Q2. Don't really understand if I should use X.509 Certificate for Client Authentication. If selected it asks for a Keystore and a Private Key. The blog above says:

"Set this indicator if the adapter, in contrast to the FTP server, is to use X.509 certificate and public-key cryptography to authenticate itself."

...not sure what this means. As such I am unclear whether to enter X.509 params or not.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

PaulC. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Q1. If we have a dev, QA and Live environment do the BASIS team need to install this .crt file in all three environments ?

If the certificate has details regarding hostname  etc and if it is different for each environment, then you have to install different cert for each environment like QA, DEV, PROD.

>Q2. Don't really understand if I should use X.509 Certificate for Client Authentication. If selected it asks for a Keystore and a Private Key. The blog above says:

You can use any authentication including X.509. Even you can use self signed certificate authentication  too.  Take help from BASIS team

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Answer to  question 1:

You basis team has to copy certificates in 3 environments . i .e action required in 3 environments.

Answer2:

If you want to use X509 use it

Regards,

Raj