cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing material group from external catalog issue

matthew_clark
Explorer
0 Kudos

Currently we have our SRM 5 system plugged into over 40 external catalogs. All of the catalogs up to this point have used UNSPSC’s and we have been able to key off that and map to our own internal material groups. 

We are now in the process of trying to activate a new catalog from a vendor that does not use UN Codes.   They also don’t seem to use a product hierarchy that can cleanly and accurately be mapped in the transfer BAdI.

I was thinking about just having the items flow back into SRM and then allow the end users to specify the material group in the same way they do for a ‘describe requirement’ item.  Unfortunately when these items flow into SRM the material group is defaulting to either the organizational default or if I remove that from configuration it defaults to the first material group available in SRM and it is only displayable.  

Am I missing something here?  Has anyone else come across this before?  

Thanks,

Matt Clark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

This behavior seems to be usual. You can take the help of ABAP team to create an enhancement / custom development to make this field as editable, so that user can enter the material group manually after the item is added from the punch out catalogue.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Aswini

matthew_clark
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Aswini,

Thank you for confirming that.   I thought that was the case but I guess I was just hoping that I missed something. 

Thanks again,

Matt