cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retroactive Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Xperts,

I have a scenario where I am using Consignment Issue scenario along with Retroactive Billing. I have a very strange issue.

I have one Consignment Issue cycle where the billing is also done and cycle is complete but later price got changed and had to go for retroactive Billing and user tried to run the VFRB. Here for example if the price difference was X amount, system should create the Credit/Debit Memo with X amount which is the price difference. The issue here is that system created 2 Credit/Debit Memo with same amount (X amount in our example). Actually for one reference document there should be only one differential amount document (credit/debit memo) but it is strange that system has created 2.

It was done in a VFRB with so many documents at a time. The only thing I could notice is that both Credit/Debit Memo were created within around 15 minutes of time difference. There is no other hint with me.

Any suggestions?

Quick response will be appriciated.

Thanks in advance.

regards,

hp

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Standard will not support retro billing for consignment process to the best of my knowledge.  Moreover, in consignment process, in the first stage itself, that is in consignment fill-up stage itself, price is fixed.  Having said this, both your proforma and commercial invoice prices should be same.

In case of any price increase, the same should reflect in the first stage itself which means, while transferring from parent plant to warehouse, the proforma should have new price.

Still if you want to try, you can try to generate debit note after maintaing copy control in VTFF.   Update here if you are able to succeed in this.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lakshmipathi,

I checked VTFF also everything is working fine. The scenario is running perfectly fine for last couple of years the only thing is that, when we create Billing Document for Consignment Issue, Retroactive Billing run is required if the prices are changed in the system bit later and all those Billing documents are required to be corrected. And this same thing is working ok.

Only thing is that while running VFRB for specific customer and material combination, for some cases system created multiple (two) Credit Notes instead of only one. This is not possible technically also. I tried the same in Quality system also but system did not allow me to replicate the same by any and every way. I am not able to think such possibility.

I want to know what can be the route cause so that it can be taken care in future. For this time we have to cancel those extra ones.

Thanks a lot for help.

Regards,

hp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lakshmipathi,

I did some investigation for the same. I also tried to consider you point that Retro Billing should not work for Consignment scenario. I also got similar feedback from one of my other experienced friend. But here in our system it is working. I checked in VTFF and found that the required Billing Document to Billing Document Copying Controls are maintained.

Now if you can give some idea on this it would be helpful.

I was just checking the same and what I think is if it does not work for Consifnment, how does the system know that it is consignment case? in VFRB screen only we can enter is date range, customer, material etc which dont indicate that it is consignment case. Only possibility is that system should not populate those invoice at the second stage in the 2nd screen if it is consignment invoice. But again system can only know based on the item category (KEN). I am not sure this logic is correct or not?

But this scenario is working in our syste.

And Big question is that how system created 2 credit note for the same billing with same amount within 15 mins time span. Technically also it is not possible because when I try to do it manually it does not allow me to create 2nd credit memo. In this case what can be the possibility that system can create 2 credit memo for same Billing doc.

Thanks in advnace.

Regards,

hp

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But here in our system it is working

Really this is a surprising news for me and still I can maintain that you were deviating the standard process.  You can achieve anything in SAP but we should think logically whether we can go ahead.  As I said earlier, consignment issue price should be same as fill-up price and having said this, how can you raise a credit note which I will never recommend.

And Big question is that how system created 2 credit note for the same billing

It could be because of some basis related issue where if table updation takes sometime to update once a data is saved, there is every chance that in that short span of time, if you try to create one more billing / credit note, system will allow to create.  For this, there is some OSS note is there.  Search in service market place

G. Lakshmipathi