cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TO for available capacity in the Fixed Bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a scenario, please look and help.

Maintained Highrack storage type with fixed bin strategy, capacity check is "3", Bin capacity is 500 qty and each bin can hold only one pallet (SU) with capacity 500.

I did first putaway for 400 qty in to fixed bin. When i try to do next putaway for 200 qty, system is taking next empty bin for entire quantity from another storage type as per storage type indicator though my fixed bin has avaialbility capacity of 100 qty. Here i am expecting system to create TO with two line items i.e. first 100 qty for fixed bin and bal 100 qty for other bin.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Am absolutely working with Fixed Bin and maintained the required details in the material master.

ashish_andani
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi..

have u checked the settings for TO splitting..

and for whhich mvt type TO splitting will be done..and and sort fields...

check this out..

Thanks    

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope TO splitting would work for splitting one TO into multiple TOs as per crieteria maintained. Am expecting line item split in the TO based on available capacity. Is it possible in standard? Please suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope TO splitting would work for splitting one TO into multiple TOs as per crieteria maintained. Am expecting line item split in the TO based on available capacity. Is it possible in standard? Please suggest

ashish_andani
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi.

u say u have allowed only one Pallet(SU)...means u have activated SUM in the warehouse..

now u have one pallet (SU) with 400 Qty..and for further putting these 200 remaining qty u have expand this SU..

try this out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SUM is not activated, I have maintained palletization and max bin quantity as same in the material master. I don't want to extend or put addition quantity on existing SU, I want to fill up available capacity on the pallet as well as in bin. This I can achieve by manually at the time of TO creation. But am expecting system to split one line item into two, first line item for available capacity in the existing bin and next line item for remaining capacity to next empty bin. Is it possible in standard system? If possible could you please tell me step by step

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is standard SAP behavior, system will not split TO quantity in 2 bin or 2 storage type automatically unless palatalization date is maintained. System always try to find out suitable bin which can accommodate whole TO quantity. In "add to existing stock" if capacity available in filled bin can accommodate whole TO quantity then only system will suggest this bin else it will look for other bin. If you want to split TO then you have to do it manually.

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts, Can anybody provide the solution for the above mentioned query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you are not working with Fixed storage BIN strategy , you must be having next empty BIN or so.

As if you are working with Fixed Bin startegy , the BIn will be defined in Material Master in WM2 tab & it means you will always take a material in that BIN.

thanks,

mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts, Is there any solution to acheive the above problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

Please Check "X" in Addn to Stock indicator in Storage type details.

Thanks,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh, It is already there. Am able to create TO manually for availabile quantity in the fixed bin but system is not splitting the TO line item for available quantity in the fixed bin first and balance quantity into another bin.