cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial number assignment in Auto UD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have some materials with serial number profile assigned to them. We have maintained serial numbers as Optional in QMSL in serail number profile.

When we create a production order we assign the serial numbers to order and same serial numbers are copied in GR and inspection lot.

When we make manual UD for inspection lot we get Popup for entering the serail numbers. we can suppress this popup without entring the serial number.

However, when we make Background UD, we get the error, 'serial number requires manual assignment'.

Can you please advice how we can suppress this error.

Thanks.

S J

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have worked on such scenario.

Only possibility is to customize your own program with bapi to take UD and add serial number functionality to it wherein it can capture serial numbers related to material document ( & should change serial number status).

or

Simply suppress QMSL in customization.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SJ,

I think posting proposal UD to unrestricted could help this out.

I am not so sure but can you try changing procedure QMSL to obligatory? If you make it obligatory system should pick all serial numbers assigned to inspection lot automatically (for full qty postings), thus eliminating the options for generating serial numbers instantaneously.

Regards,

Anand Rao