Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transaction screen vs IMG counterpart

Former Member
0 Kudos

[SAPGUI + ECC6.0]

Hi all,

excuse if this question has been asked dozens of times, but it is not really easily searchable in the forums, hence allow me to post in this forum.

This is the question of understanding how one can navigate easily from classic transaction screens /fields to IMG and vice-versa

for me, sometimes it's easy .. but sometimes it's not easy at all.

It's easy when help (F1) has some hyper-link that forward directly to the IMG page, or when wordings (using menu Edit > Find (ctrl+f)), between transaction help screens and IMG menu items are matching

It's not easy when you don't have nor hyper-link nor wordings that do match.

Let me pls take an example of this:

goto TC = xd03, take a customer, goto 'sales area data', tab 'billing documents', field 'acct assgmt group'. place cursor on the entry field then press F1 key. On the help screen, no link exist to how to maintain this list on IMG. I'm telling me: "Well no matter, I'll do it on IMG with menu Edit > find (ctrl+f) and all is going to be sorted out" .. but I'm wrong, ie I cannot find it because in IMG the wordings are not the same as in transactions screens: In transaction environment, it is 'account assignment group' and in IMG environment it is 'check master data relevant for account assignment'

My question is: "is there a 100% valid way for not spending one hour searching what is the right path in IMG for the corresponding topic in transaction screen ?"

Thanks for your help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's better if you memorise all the transactions

That will save you lot of time and energy.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Ravindra Mirashi wrote:

It's better if you memorise all the transactions

That will save you lot of time and energy.

Do you mean SAP does not provide any 100% valid method for switching from transaction envrironment to IMG environment ?

Please note that it's on the idea of not having to "memorise" (ie memorise information in one's brain) that IT industry has been invented, because memorising precisely needs lot of time & energy ..

Hope you agree with me