SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can we change the valid from date of a device from IS Data tab?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Experts

Can we change the valid from Date of a device from IS Date Tab in SAP ISU?

7 REPLIES 7

nagarajan_mariappan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your question in not clear.

As per my understanding Your asking how to  change the valid from date in IQ02.

regards,

Nags

0 Kudos

ya u r right......plz suggest the solution for the same......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The start date of device is the Date from which time slice is valid.

Ideally in the business you should not change this, as not advised to do so, because once the device is created a component in master data is created which has validity and history of "creation date and created by user name".

Suggestion- User should confirm before creating the device/time slice or any other master data. The term MASTER DATA itself signifies the importance of such components for a client in production system.

Hope it helps you.

Regards

Sachin

nagarajan_mariappan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The from date is created when u create the device IQ01.

you are not suppose to change the from date of the device,because the start date of device is the Date from which time slice is valid.

The date which you given in IQ01 is the creation date of the device.

regards,

Nags

sarasap
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have same requirement, user made a mistake creating some devices during go live and i need to change VALID from date for ISU. It's only for couple of devices but they need to be installed prior to the valid from date in the ISU timeslice.

I found this report /SAPCEM/CHANGE_EQUI_DATE but it only change the equipment "header" valid from date, but not the ISU timeslice.

I was thinking about archiving, but it's too much effort for only couple of devices and we have not yet implemented the archiving procedure as is not part of the scope.

I also thought about change material and use a dummy material and scrap it, but i don't think is a clean solution.

I would appreciate any help on this, thanks.

Sara

sarasap
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Any Ideas here?

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos

Dear Sara / Satyendra,

I think we would need to write a custom program for this as this cannot be achieved through standard SAP programs. And this is highly not recommended as we might end up breaking the data consistency. For example if the device is already installed as on 04th May 2016 and if we change the valid from date through a direct table update to 10th May 2016 - it would be a chaos!

So if you think it is very important to change the valid from date of devices, then you can proceed with a one time use robust custom program with initial validations before the update.

The valid from date information is stored in the table EGERH, so at the end it is EGERH that needs to be updated.

Thanks.

Regards,

Mohammed Muzammil.