Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation in MDM

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I want a specific material to have different price per branch. Is this possible to achieve it but not by creating multiple products? Can on the same product enter a validation or sthing that will bring for different branches different price?

I am totally new to MDM.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali

Sry, i am not getting your que, do you want to have multiple price for the same field for a record, if it so, you can use qualified table for that, and than you can assign validation on it.

Regards

Nitish Sharma

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nitish,

Let me discribe the business. We have money transfer services which have different price per Km. So for each branch, the price is different. We would like to have in one product id these different prices lets say like conditions. But i do not have a clue how to handle it.

If you can, please explain to me what to do, as i am new in MDM i have never used qualified tables and validations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

Ok, yeah you can use qualified tables for that, you can have mulple prices for same record id depends on conditions(as you mentioned per km price is different), this can be acheived via qualified tables,

Qualified table is nothing but a flat table, in which you can have multiple values based on conditions that can be applicable to all the records, it will not only satisfy your requirement but also reduced the repository size.

In following screen shot price information is a qualified table (and a qualifier field in main table).

after double click on this you will get following window, have multiple non qualifier field in which you can maintain multiple price according to your requirement.

in select look-up record u can select km(acc to ur req) and than in lookup detail you can enter price depending upon that distance.

please check following link, for more clarity

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d08b9ba8-f362-2c10-c4aa-99e3c6f4c...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/46/2b62d0f2b54f07e10000000a114a6b/content.htm

Regards

Nitish Sharma 

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nitish,

Thank you very much. In the qualifier table i create a new price. But how the system will recognize which price to bring. For eg. i have for branch A price 10eur and for branch B price 12eur. How the system will recognize which price to select.

According to what you said, inside the qualifier table i enter the price (which is pre Km) and i enter the quantity of Km's. I do not want that. I want different price inside the same product id but somehow the system have to recognize which price to bring.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

you can enter  multiple values for a particular product id, have you seen the links i sent you??

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes but i have not understand where to put the qualifiers and non qualifiers. For e.g based on the 2nd link, the role of branch is plaid form the country. But where i define the countries and how the system understand which price to select i have not understand it.

Thanks again very much

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ali,

but i have not understand where to put the qualifiers and non qualifiers.

you have to learn qualified table for that. i cant tell you the whole process, but your problem can be solved by qualified table.

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

dear Nitish,

If you have a guide or you can give me some steps in order to search i would be greatefull. I need this thing but i do not know how. With the quialifiers the system understands which price to select?

Former Member
0 Kudos

see , your requirement is " per km you want to give different price in a record ", right??

now suppose a particular record is there , say bus fair. now you have three fileds bus name, location, rate(price per km).

bus name       location        rate

abc                  xyz              1|2|3    ( 1 km, 2 km, 3 km)

def                    hig               1|2|3

now in qualified table you can give price separate price for above rates,

RATE(qualified table)

rate   price

1        100

2         300

3         400

you can manage like this.

Regards

Nitish Sharma

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nitish,

It is like that. I have a specific material (product) money transfer. For this material i have for banrch A, rate 1, for branch B rate 2 etc. I do not have multiple rates for the same branch, just one rate but per branch.

In your example bus rate is the money transfer and location is my branch. I do not know how i create the quialified table for the rate. And how when a branch will select the material "money transfer" the system will recognize based on the location which rate will bring in the SRM shopping cart.

Many regards and thanx for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, in this case, just make your branch(location) as yes qualifier and rate as non-qualifier. for eg

material    branch

xyz           mumbai

abc           delhi

qualified(branch) for 1st record.

mumbai         rate 1

qualified(branch)  for 2nd record

delhi             rate2

suppose in 2nd screen shot i sent you, suppose 1|| is mumbai, than in fields given below like amount you have field rate. so that field rate is dependent on branch mumbai.

similarly you can same procedure for second record also.

now to to make this procedure happened, first you have to create two field in qualified table rate field and branch, rate will be dependent on branch. for creating qualified table, just go to console and create 1 field branch as qualified and create two field branch and rate in it, and have branch field as display field. than you will se the qualified table as in screen shot 1(price information). after that open the qualified table like in given screenshot

after that give branch value like mumbai.(in this case lower bound is yes qualifier and remaining is no qualifire like rate field). ok, after that go to the record mode and double click on qualified table (i shown you in screen shot 1), than give the appropirate rate value according to that branch.

Regards

Nitish Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

Could you please describe your business requirement in detail.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nitish is a very patient guy to explain the process and it was very clear, you should give the full credit to him instead of helpful answer. your issue is that you need to learn how to use qualify table but not keep asking how!

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nitish,

Thank you very much for your help. I will test your suggestion and i will report back. Thank you very much.

Dear Xia,

I agree that Nitish is very patient, as he has explained the proccess and has explained everything. All points will be regarded accoridgnly. If i just enter on an answer as correct then i will have to close the issue and wont be able to ask anything else.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

Kindly give an example of what you aim to achieve.

Thanks,

Ravi

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

I have a specific material AAA and this material have different price per branch. The material is i.e money transfer. And the money transfer has different price based on the location of the branch.

I want to be able to enter in MDM the different prices per branch and the system to somehow understand when duing shopping cart which price to determine.

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

Thanks for your response.

So let me summarise my understanding here :

Material has different pricing dependent on branch,and branch pricing depends on its location.

You wish to make system intelligent so that on selection of branch its pricing is selected.

There can be many solutions to the above requirement.

Please confirm on my understanding.

Thanks,

Ravi

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

The material has specific price per km and it is based on the distance of the branch. Lets say that we know the distance of the branch, we have just one material and different price per banrch. For. e.g material AAA price 10EUR for branch A

AAA price 12EUR for pranch B

etc..

thanks Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

So one material can have multiple branches and pricing depends on distance of branches.

The solution can be any of these:

Case1: Have Branch as a Tuple.

Each line item in this tuple would represent values pertaining to 1 branch.

Keep branch relevant field values in this Tuple.

Inside Branch Tuple:

Branch Data - Lookup Flat - Having fields Distance,Price,and Branch Name/Code.

Cost - Calculated field - Distance * Price

Other Branch specific fields

Typical data would look like :

Branch                                                                                Cost

A        (values of Distance,Price and Code linked here)           Calculated value

B                                                                                       Calculated value

Case 2 - Similar solution using qualified tables

Case 3 - similar solution using Lookup Flat Multivalued table for Branch.

Please feel free to come back with queries.

Thanks,

Ravi

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

thank you very much for your help. I will...try to check the solutions. My problem is that i am new to MDM and i lack the knowlege of basic things. What is tuple, how to create the qualified tables, etc...

If you have a guide it will help. I will also follow the answer from Nitish and check.

Thank you all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

Tha does not matter,important this is to start

The reference guides have all the details,just try creating the data model.

It will really be helpful to create data,that would help you visualise if the solutions really serves the purpose.

Thanks,

Ravi

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nitish,

I entered two qualified lookup tables i.e Mumbai and a second one. Then in the available fields i have amount etc and field branch which i created on console connected to rate. Then in Data manager i gave to field rate specific value.

However i do not know where the branch is connected to the different price.

I have for one material two qualified records and on ammount 10eur for the 1st and branch A anf for the second 12eur for branch B.

In portal how the system will know which one is what. If i have more than one selected values in qualified table, in portal i see no price.

Maybe i missed sthing from your guide. You said to create two fields in console. Why and how to connect them?

thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

i asked you to make only 1 qualified table, and include two field amount and branch in that qualified table. make branch field as display field in console. include that field in main table also so that your main table and qualified table will be connected through branch(you can say branch is common for main table and qualified ) .

it is just like rdbms, two tables are connected thorugh branch field.

Regards

Nitish Sharma

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nitish,

I display in data manager a specific material. I double click tha field price and i see the quialifier table. I select or create a value and i have to enter lower bound, currency, amount and branch which is the new field i created in console. so far so right?

now my issue is if the field is created correctly and how i do the "include that field in main table also so that your main table and qualified table will be connected through branch".

thanx again for your help

ali_dai
Contributor
0 Kudos

anything else about this??

thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

sry for late reply...

After creating branch look-up in under your repository(it will shown as white box), just go to main table and make a field branch as look-up, under that you will 1 refrence column asking you about to which look-up you wannna connect it for, there just select the branch repository you created under repository.

So now branch is included in main table, and it is included in qualified as you already written.

Tell me your findings after implementing this.

Regards

Nitish Sharma

Answers (0)