Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CV03N - xxx/sss/000/- does not exist

former_member576008
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

A document was created in CV01N with a version in production, when i opened it in CV03N without giving a version its throwing the an error like "xxx/sss/000/- does not exist" . When i gives the version its opening correctly. In the error message its showing version as - (hyphen). But i didn't give any version.

In quality again i created a document and opened it in CV03N without giving the version. System picked the version correctly what i have created.

I have checked the BADI's and exits all are sync with production system. What could be the reason for this, kindly suggest me.

Regards,

Nandha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member576008
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Issue resolved. Actually there is a filed exit for the data element DOKVR.

I used trace in Quality and production, found that a BAPI is called to fetch the version inside a field exit.

Even though, the field exit is active its not working in production. In the below thread a report name is given RSMODFDG to fix the inconsistencies if there is any.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/112953

Thank you Bala and Simaran.

Regards,

Nandha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nandha,

U are making a small mistake.

In CV03N , do not put document version value as "-" ; this will surely give you the error that you are getting.

When u put the document version as "-" , the system searches for document with version "-"; which does not exist!

You can leave the version entry as blank, it will pick the default version.

All the best,

Simran

former_member576008
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Simran,

I didn't give any '-' in the version field, I left blank but the system throwing an error with hyphen.

When i left version blank in quality system, the system correctly picks the version and opens the document.

But in production its throwing an error.

Regards,

Nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nandha,

That is odd.

Try once again in Production system.

give the inputs for document and leave the version absolutely blank.

then lemme know what error u r getting.

also if possible attach the screen shot

regards,

Simran

former_member576008
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting the below error.

Document xxx/xxxxxx/000/- does not exist

The hyphen in the last i didn't gave but system itself adding this to the error message as well as to the screen field.

Please find below screen shots

after entering the details on enter

Please suggest now.

Regards

Nandha

former_member576008
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Further when i debug the system i'm getting the hyphen value in the below select query,

The values inside the ls_tdwa_version is

DOKVR_INC        8

DOKVR_IDX         0001

DOKVR               -

Regards

Nandha

former_member585060
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nandha,

For the Document type, the Version Number Increment(TDWA-ALPHN) is set to '8', so as per the logic in the function module 'CV115_DOCVERSION_SET, when ever the value TDWA-ALPHN = '8' the version value will be set to '-'.

As per your first post, you said that the issue is only in Production, so check what is given for the Version Number Increment(TDWA-ALPHN) for that Document type in Development and Quality systems.

You can check in TDWA table or from SPRO transaction.

Thanks & Regards

Bala Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Nandha,

Check your TDWA entries and also the corresponding SPRO customizing done.

It should get done.

regards,

Simran

former_member576008
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

The version number increment value is '8' in all the 3 systems.

In QA, while debugging the version value comes in the   PROCESS AFTER INPUT. please check below screen shot. When my cursor is at FIELD draw-doktl, on clicking F5 the draw-dokvr field value is filled.Its not going till the select query what i have posted earlier.

Regards,

Nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nandha,

This is only filling up the values that are there on the input screen.

So if u are leaving DRAW_DOKVR blank at this point it after f5 it will not be filled up at all.

Are u putting the "D" in the Document version input?

Regards,

Simran