cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

active status of "sub network" exists indicator activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

Activity elements have been added to an Activity, still "sub-network" check box is inactive on overview screen. All the relevant data have added or copied from patent activty.

- when can we view that <b>"active</b>" check box - <b>subnetwork</b> exists on overview screen of ativity and also on acitivy element.

- In network graphic could not maintain relationships to activity elements beacuse those activity elements are not visible on network graphic. why?

Can any one help on these issue how to go?

Thanks in advance for your valuable inputs and suitable reward points per return.

Thanks

Sudhakar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sudhakar,

Activity elements are not regarded as subnetworks. This is the reason why you

don't get the flag "subnetwork exists" set.

If you assign a network into a different network's activity, only in this case you will have a subnetwork and the flag will be set. In order to do so you much create the

child network normally in CN21 and then, in the network header (in tab Assignements) you can specify the parent network and activity.

If you now call the parent network and navigate to the activity, you will be able to see that the "subnetwork exists" flag is set.

Regarding the network graphic:

It is not possible to view activity elements in the network graphic. This functionality has not been designed.

Please also bear in mind that no relationships can be maintatined between activity elements.

I guess you have been mistaking the concept of element and subnetwork. If you use subnetworks instead of elements, you will be able to build relationships and also to display them in the network graphic.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please reward if useful!

Rgds

Martina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martina

Thanks a lot for ur detailed information. Infact I was trying thr T Code CJ20N.

Regards

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martina

Thanks a lot for ur detailed information. Infact I was trying thr T Code CJ20N.

Regards

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martina

Tried to replicate as per ur advise.. system message please check system configuration is missing.. not able to get clue...

If you don't mind can you please help on this issue..

Regards

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudhakar,

I´m not quite sure what system message you are referring at and when is the

message being returned. Can you please specify further the system's response?

Are you using configuration to build up your networks?

Thanks

Martina

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar ,

The activity element is not a scheduling object, the activity is. In other words, the network scheduling, see consulting note 151551, takes only the network activities and their relationships into account to calculate the dates. After it is done, the activity elements (or other sub elements like milestone, splits etc) get the dates using the offset to calculate the dates.

I would strongly recommend, not assign a order as sub-order to an activity element, though it may be possible.

The action assign a order to an activity, a customizing setting has to be maintained. Which specifies, which control key should be replaced the old one.

For example, if an activity with control key PS02 should be switched to PS0X, if it get a sub order assigned. The control key PS0X (PS06 according standard ? ) normally has the indicator 'capacity relevance' = space. In this way the double capacity requirements are avoided.

Please search the customizing item. If you can not find it please let me known.

Please reward points, wenn it is useful.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo