Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit concurrent users of a WDA application

guillaume-hrc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a standard mechanism so as to limit the number of concurrent users in a WDA application?

Would it make sense to use some locks to track down the current number of users?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience and ideas!

Best regards,

Guillaume

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guillaume,

I'm not aware of any standard functionality in the ABAP stack to deliver this sort of functionality, however I have seen a number of discussions on SDN over the years about it and have been involved in developing similar solutions in various SAP technologies also.

My advice would be to create a small package containing a few objects to enable this functionality for any and all applications, instead of just using lock objects specific to your one WDA application.  You could create a config table to map a given object to it's concurrency limit, such as ZABAP_PROGRAM_1 - 10 users.  Then use a further transient table to store a current count of users against each object.  You then need a small number of function modules that handle querying these tables and updating the concurrency table.  Enable them as RFC and you have a reusable package that can be used inside and outside the ABAP stack.

You will have to consider what happens if a user's session is lost, or they kill a remote application in an incorrect manner and hence their entry remains on the concurrency table, however this is no different to an orphaned lock entry in practice.

Hope this is a useful starter.

Gareth.

Answers (0)