cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to determine when program run heuristic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My question is when the system will run heuristic?

I have setup a planning book in SNP to run heuristic. But the moment system run heuristic is not the same as the standard SAP system.

In SAP standard system (i think), the system will run heuristic when

- The supply shortage > 0 or when the key figure Stock on hand (projected) value < 0)

But when testing this condition, the system does not run heuristic when Stock on hand (projected) < 0 or Supply shortage > 0 (i using macro to set these key figure value < 0).

So can any one tell me when the system will run heuristic?

Because in my planning book, the condition when the system run heuristic and how much distribution receipt (planned) is not the same as the stand SAP system, it depend on other key figure i add to the planning book.

This is very important to me, thanks very much for your help,

Bui Van Thai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bui,

The system doesn't decide whether to run the heuristic, you do.  The heuristic in SNP runs either interactively or in the background.  The heuristic simply runs a net requirements calculation.  The calculation is Total Demand + Target Stock Level - Planned Stock Level = Net Requirements.

Stock on hand (Projected) and Supply Shortage key figures are calculated.  They are a result of the net requirements calculation.  They will not be considered by SNP heuristics.

Best Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Can you explain to me more detail in the calculation

Total Demand + Target Stock Level - Planned Stock Level = Net Requirements

About the key figure and how they are calculated.

Thanks,

Bui Van Thai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bui (if that's your first name),

The topic of SNP planning can't be covered in a few sentances.  Here is a link to the SAP help file: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/21/186b398c15ef59e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

Mike

Answers (0)