cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC TO File Development Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All
I am working on IDOC to FIle Scenario.I am able to trigger two files in the target system by maintaing condition in the Interface determination.
I have done all the ESR Development for both the files.
Name1 File is going to different location path when its condition is satisfied.
Name2 File is going to different location path when its condition is satisfied.
Now in the project i have another requiremnt for the same interface.
The Name2 file should go to two different target location paths and also there should be at least 1 minute delay for the name2 file going to the newly target location.

1) How can we send the same Name2 File by receiver File Adapter to two different locations?
2) How can we delay the posting of one file to the target location by at least a minute.

Please help in solving the issue.
thank You

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Sahithi

As sainath said do like that create dummy File to file scenario for that following link might help

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/File2File/Demo1.htm

Regards

Gagandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Create a simple ID objects (Dummy objects) create a simple file to file interface which does not have any IR Objects.Just mention some interface name and pick the file from where the name2 file is been placed and use the new path where you want to place the file.

Regards,

Sainath Chutke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

i have developed seperate mappings for both the files; i am not using the multi mapping in my interface.

based on a filed value from the  idoc, the condition is maintained in the Interface determination and based on that the files are bing created.

looking for some more solutions,

confused how to go ahead with the development.

zameerf
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Somaraju,

Did you try my suggestion?

Let the existing interface setup work, you would end up creating Name1 File and Name2 File as per your conditions in Interface Determination.

Now the Name2 File would be available in the directory and you can use a new ID configuration with new sender file channel and pick that Name2 File and place it in new target directory (same Name2 File would be placed with some time delay than the first one)

Hope you got the point.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zameer

I just want to confrim from your.

You mean to say create two more Communication Channles in ID ( Sender CC n Receiver CC). the sender cc will pick the file from the existing location of the name 2 file and the receiver cc will place the file to the new taregt location.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

thank you

zameerf
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you are right.

Additional thought:

Also, may be you can change the existing Name2 File location to a temporary location and then use the new sender channel to pick this and use archive functionality to place in the existing Name2 File location, simultaneously use new receiver channel to place in the new target location. (I just think this because the existing Name2 file would be used by some other application at target side the moment you place it in existing setup)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Somaraju,

1) How can we send the same Name2 File by receiver File Adapter to two different locations?

You can use mult-mapping, you have a good example in jin.shin's blog

http://scn.sap.com/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it-s-possible

(Also, don't forget to "like" or rate (or both) the blog in case you find it useful.)

2) How can we delay the posting of one file to the target location by at least a minute.

If your PI is in linux you could use the Command line on the Processing parameters, and there use SLEEP

Regards

Message was edited by: Iñaki Vila

zameerf
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Somaraju,

How about creating a new configuration(ID) part alone with dummy message interface and pick the Name2 File from the directory once it is placed and then send that to the new target location?

This way you don't have to disturb the existing interface/flow and you can achieve the requirements 1 and 2.

-Zameer