cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning Book Log Function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

As you may know, APO has the function capturing the log about who has changed and when in a planning book.

Have any of you ever used the function?

Our client is interested in the function and wants to know what kind of experience end users are getting from this.

I've kept hearing some negative comments, especially from the performance aspect. If anyone can explain about how much the function will hit the performance, it will help my client to determine whether it is worthy while implementing the function.

Thanks,

Yuji

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Rishi.

Thanks for a lot for your response.

It is very helpful.

I totally agree with your opinion that other methods can substitute this with other functions.

I will ask SAP account rep about the performance as well.

Thanks again!

Yuji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yuji

APO does not have this as standard. You can purchase an add-on from SAP as described in OSS note 1308968.

For performance effects, it would be best to ask your SAP account representative to put you in touch with customers who use this and ask them their experience.

I've not used this add-on myself, but almost every client of mine has asked for it. And every single time, I'm able to convince them that they dont really need it and they can achieve most of their requirements through a mix of seperate access controlled key figures, BI authorization at characteristic level, planning book/ data view level access control, macros, etc. And most importantly to trust their people and train them !

APO is planning data, not transaction data like Sales Orders, etc - thats probably why SAP does not provide this as standard.

Rishi Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

Here is a tool that will help:

SAP APO Demand Planning Change Log Demo

Regards,

Alfredo Hernandez