Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PR should not be created until Network/WBS is released in Released projects

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In our released projects(Logistics and Accounting postings done) there are a few unreleased WBS and networks. And users are able to create PR against them. I want to restrict them for the same if our cost object is not released. I explored the concept of users status but that is applicable for unreleased projects.

Kindly suggest a workaround for that some if it is possible..

Thanks & Regards

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

If you want to restrict user for creating PR on any WBS then there are other ways.

One of the way is-

1. Select desired WBS

2. Follow-Edit->status->lock->All

But in standard SAP config, release of WBS is meant for releasing PRs created under it.

However without releasing WBS, Underlying PRs amount will not reflect in Commitment

If network's control component is set to from release.

Regards,

Pranav

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For network you also can do 1 thing.

Goto Network header , select control tab and there you will find component tab wherein you can select from release indicator for particular network.

If so then only after release PR's can be created.

Regards

Raghav

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am sorry for replying very late..

@Pranav & Gokul:

Thanks for your replies.. I need to confirm that Does AALK status will restrict only PR/PO creation or it will effect other Logistics postings which should not happen in my case?

Also what difference does it(AALK) have from deselecting operative indicator "account.assignment element" under Basic data of WBS?

@Raghav:

thanks to you Raghav for your response..but the field CAUFVD-AUDISP (Resv./Purc.req.)which you suggested  differs from the field RESBD-AUDISP (Resv./Purc.req.), which  comes from material allocation under activity(field:Resv./Purc.req )..

which I made display by Using Transction variants SHD0.

Regards

Ankur

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please suggest on my previous post..

Many thanks

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure Account Assignment will help here because it will only restrict posting of actual cost.

Rather you can try to use user status which can turned on manually for selected WBS elements and NWA.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Message was edited by: Sudhakar Pappu

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar ,

I explore the concept of user status with naming BLCK & ALLW used for blocking PR and Allowing PR respectively.But that also fails as in our project users has all the authorizations in project for set/reset of user statuses and release of cost objects. So, if user status BLCK is active with CRTD status of network and user may reset it as ALLW without releasing the network, system will allow him to raise PR irrespective of Unreleased status of network.

please suggest if something has gone wrong in my user status configuration or is there any other way to achieve it.

Thanks in advance..

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

You can remove authorization of user so that he cannot change WBS status.

For removing authorization for to PFCG, edit the PS role assigned to user. You can do it at department of authorization level or transaction type level.

This will help you.

Regards,

Pranav

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

I have done and checked what you have suggested already, but the dilemma is we cant restrict users through authorization control. Hence the case comes as: I am a user and I dont want any authorization restriction on my roles subsequently I system should not allow me to create PR for any unreleased object whatever may be the case.

I hope the issue is clear to you now.

Regards

Ankur

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ankur,

You can just follow what Sudhakar has said.

You can create authorization code in BS52 and assign them in your user status profile. Assign this authorization code, to only those users who are responsible for setting and resetting. This will fix your issue.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amaresh,

Assign this authorization code, to only those users who are responsible for setting and resetting.

I have already made that and checked successfully.But we dont have any specific group of users to be authorized for set/reset of user status. As per the recommendation of management all users must have all the authorizations in the project whether it is user status or any other validation.

Please suggest something in built setting in the system, if it is possible..

Thanks & Regards

Ankur

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please give suggestions..

Regards

Ankur

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ankur tiwari wrote:

I have already made that and checked successfully.But we dont have any specific group of users to be authorized for set/reset of user status.

As per the recommendation of management all users must have all the authorizations in the project whether it is user status or any other validation.

Then there is no fun in creating user status?

If the management wants to give all authorization to everybody, then how will system understand or will be able to control the transactions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

On one hand you say that you need to "restrict" creation of PR until the Network/WBS is released. This, the way i see it, can only be achieved by following what other forum members have already suggested above.

If your management wants everyone to have all the authorizations then nothing can be restricted. Its the business's responsibility to identify and group users in such a way that each group has authorization to perform certain functions. This, i believe, is the duty of the consultant to suggest and convince the business.

There is nothing in built in the system to achieve this as you desire. And even if there was any functionality, which i am sure is there in the standard system, you would still have to let the system know as to where the restrictions need to be put. Hence, i would suggest you to follow what other forum members have said and achieve this.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amaresh,

The User/users(Proj. Manager or anyone) who creates PR must have all the authorizations(Release/delete etc.) in the project. As per User Status logical functionality it is creating PR only after releasing of our cost object but if user asks, after resetting user status and creating PR, that the cost object is not released but it has allowed me to create PR then I should be answerable for that.

Therefore, we arrive at the point that once the user status ALLW(which is allow PR in my case) is set,system should release the cost object simultaneously.

So , can we  this triggering be possible in our system?I don't think it can be possible but just seek experts suggestions on it..

Thanks for your suggestions Amaresh.

Regards

Ankur

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

I am very clear now with what you have suggested.At last, I would like to ask what i have asked to Amaresh also that :  The User/users(Proj. Manager or anyone) who creates PR must have all the authorizations(Release/delete etc.) in the project. As per User Status logical functionality it is creating PR only after releasing of our cost object but if user asks, after resetting user status and creating PR, that the cost object is not released but it has allowed me to create PR then I should be answerable for that.

Therefore, we arrive at the point that once the user status ALLW(which is allow PR in my case) is set,system should release the cost object simultaneously.

So , can we  this triggering be possible in our system?I don't think it can be possible but just seek experts suggestions on it..

Thanks for your suggestions Gokul.

Regards

Ankur

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is purely a consulting issue. You are not able to handle the client.

Generally any client will not understand what features an ERP system has. It's the consultant who needs to educate them.

As part of business process, any organization will have/ should have clearly defined 'segregation of duties'. If all your project users run all the transactions, then how can you expect the control? Where are you segregating the duties to be executed by each individual. SAP implementation is not just configuring the system. You need to educate the users, bring in best practices by re-engineer business processes. Change management is very vital in any implementation. Otherwise you'll have to face such issues, which are otherwise could be closed very easily through dialog/ discussion. 

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Amaresh for educating in right direction.

Thanks to all experts who have contributed in this thread.

Closing the thread.

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Instead of Lock All option try to use the "Account Assignment Lock" option. You can control this using authorizations.

Guess this should help.

Regards,

Gokul