cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice Correction Request - Change the order of the line item display ?

0 Kudos

Hi Friends ,

We are implementing invoice correction request functionality in our company. We found that the standard when you reference several line items at once is different than when we are referencing a single line item.

For example if you create an invoice correction request with one line item, it is displayed as G2N,L2N . However, if you create and invoice correction request with reference to multiple line items, for example 2 line items in the original invoice , it is displayed as G2N,G2N AND THEN L2N,L2N. This is very confusing and also not very helpful if you have an ICR with say 10 line items . It will be very difficult for users to see what the original values were, what the changes they made were.

Is there any way you can get the disply to show as   G2N,L2N,G2N,L2N ? Are there any SAP Notes for this ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

Regards,

Ranjini.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjini,

This is a standard SAP functionality. I did search for the notes but could not found any relevant notes that solves your problem. Your best bet is to create an oss msg.  Below is the help for Invoice Correction.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/dd/55feeb545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/content.htm

Thanks,

Vic Bodiwala

0 Kudos

Hi Vic,

Thats what I was afraid of. Thanks !

I will create an OSS ticket for this.

Regards,

Ranjini.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Ranijini, Instead of using G2 and L2 thats why we use  Invoice correction since it uses single sales document, where in the request creates two items for a single item in a sales order as a credit item and debit item. The first item is the credit item and the second item is the debit item.

One side credit is granted fully for that incorrect billing item, while it is simultaneously debited (automatically created) as a debit memo item.  The difference created represents the final full amount to be created. 

When we create invoice correction request the items are duplicated. The resulting item category must have plus or minus (–) values.

We can delete credit or debit in pairs.

0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Yes the debit and credit item pair created will have the item category g2n-l2n or vice versa . That is what I was referring to.

Regards,

Ranjini.