Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specifying Soruce Directory paramters on Development and Quality

former_member210730
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i am using a File to File scenario for loading master data into HR system. This scenario works well in Development. Now i am trying to move the same to quality but i have some doubts.

1) For the sender Communication channel i have given the Source Directory of the File Adapter as usr/sap/XID/IN/US where XID is the development SID. Now if i transport this to Quality my SID will change to XIQ so do i have to manually change the Source Directory Setting on Quality.

2) On the receiver Communication Channel I am making use of FTP and the connection Parameters point to the development server, again when this is moved to Quality these setting should also point to Quality. So do I need to maintain the Integration Directory related setting manually on Quality.

Can anyone let me know clear my doubts and also tell me the procedure for moving objects from XI Development to XI Quality.

Regards

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For sender you can configure your channel with the Quality environment parameters, and then transport and this should work fine.you can then again reset the values for the CC back to dev env ones.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vinay,

Adding to Shabrish's cmments, when your migrate your configuration objects, the Communication Channels parametrs will have to be renetered and in this case, your Source Directory, Target Directory, FTP connection details etc , needs to be entered, then the Import Change List should be activated,.

Regards

Bhavesh

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please note that in case of transporting to a different system (QA or PRD), you will have to create the configuration again ie you will have to manually change the settings given in the CC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay

For Questions you need to make changes to point to XIQ in adapter in QA manually otherwise it will point developement and you mix up Dev and quality.

when to change:

when you transport Dev to QA aftr you import in QA ask your basis team to point to QA directory and activate the changes.

if you have any doubts please tell me know.

Please reward points.

Thanks

Sreeram.G.Reddy