Is there any way to attach some documents from DMS in CofA

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not that I am aware of.  Can you create a new output type for the delivery and add it like any other output?

It might be possibe to use a user exit to somehow print another document but I have never had to try it.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi As i know Its not possible to assign the document from DMS to certificate since its a out put . Can you please let us know what is the exact requirement. DO you want to print some other document along with the COfA or you want to send it based on some combination like material customer

Regards,

Smruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Smruthi,

Incoming certs are saved as PDF in DMS for ROH. The ROH is used and FERT is manufactured which cretaes Outgoing certs. Now this outgoing cert should also pick ROH incoming cert, and print along with outgoing cert.

Is there any way to print like this

Regards

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. I don't see how you can do that automatically in anyway.

You might possibly be able to get your vendor to electronically send you the COA via EDI and load the values into the batch record for the ROH.  Once you do that, you'll be able to create a COA for the ROH, but I'm not sure how you could trigger that COA to be outputted from the delivery of a FERT. 

However, since you can report the values from the ROH on the FERT COA via the production chain, you might be able to create a COA profile for the FERT that pulls all  the ROH values and reports them on the FERT COA.  Since I don't know what else you want on the FERT COA, (i.e. do you want the ROH's material number and description an batch number or can you use the FERT material number and description and batch number?), it's hard to say how hard it would be to cover all your requirements.

But I think if you get the batch values into the batch record for the ROH you have a shot at making it happen. 

FF