Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HU and Non-HU managed storage location

former_member324258
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whether it is possible between stock transfer between HU managed and Non-HU managed storage location.

If its Yes, then how?  Because when am trying to do it, sytem is creatong outbound delievry, but picking tab is grayed out.

I am trying to issue from HU managed stoarge location to the Non-HU managed storage location.

Both storage location is assinged to the same plant.

Regards,

Ajinkya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor

If you are using WM you need to move the SU (in WM) to the repack station (923) before unpacking.

When you unpack in the 923 storage type, the system automatically posts the 311 in MM transfering to partner storage location.

If you are using a non standard Warehouse Number, make sure 923 is assigned as the packing station in IMG (this entry isn't in the Logistics Execution node, it's in the General Logistics node, inside Handling unit management).

Former Member

Hi,

Here is a little more details about unpacking HUs.

Unpack

Unpacking involves transferring packed material quantities to unpacked material quantities. You

can do this by using the Create and Process Handling Units function (transaction HU02).

During this process, you can either delete handling units or decrease the stock contained in

existing handling units. A storage-location transfer posting from the HU-managed storage

location into the inventory of the partner storage location occurs in inventory management.

Inventory in Warehouse Management is also adjusted accordingly.The postings in WM will occur in the storage type and storage bin that were entered in transaction HU02. Otherwise, determination of the interim storage bin occurs via Customizing. This is valid for both the inventory at the HU-managed storage location and for the inventory at the partner storage location, if it is also managed in WM.

Regards,

Mohan

Former Member

Hi,

When you are working with a Handling Unit managed storage location, a (non handling unit managed) partner storage location has to be assigned from the same plant. I believe your HUM storage loc should have a partner location. When HUs are unpacked, stocks are posted to the partner storage location.

Please try Tcode HU02  - Enter the HU number and the material number, then click on icon "Empty".

If tocde HU02 doesnt work, can you please try  tcode VLMOVE - Posting General Goods Move

Regards,

Mohan

former_member182609
Active Contributor

It is possible.Use transaction MB1B to transfer the material from HU location to NON hu managed location.Use movt type 311.

Or You can use HUMO transaction.

Execute the HUMO then select the HU later you can see EDIT option -->HU Posting-->Storage location.You can use any one...

former_member324258
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I already tried with MB1B, but it is not working. I have getting following error,

"

Transfer posting with WM only possible if both storage locs subject to HU"

Regards,

Ajinkya

former_member324258
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried with HUMO t-code as suggested, but  I have getting following error.

HUs that are assigned to an object cannot be posted

Reagrds,

Ajinkya

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the HU assigned object in HU03 handling unit history.If it is assigned to any other delivery then remove the asignment then do transfer from HU .It should allow.If the HU assigned to any delivery then you can not transfer.

former_member324258
Participant
0 Kudos

Its not assigned to any other delievry...Still its not happaning.Could please elaborate process with T-code, It would be very greatful for me.

Thank You.