Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

SOAP call failed in PI but works in SOAP UI and XMLSpy

Dear all,

Facing an issue in PI while calling one of the HP  service.

IDOCS-->SAP PI -->SOAP Adapter --> HP web service ( Not handling the response from web service)

I am just expecting HTTP 500 in case of error and HTTP 200 incase of successful webservice call ( Default SOAP receiver adapter behavior)

I am getting HTTP 500 Error in receiver CC but SOAP request with the same payload ( from MDT) SOAP message works fine in SOAP UI and XML Spy and i got the successful response  (i.e) HTTP 200 along with . So there should be not any issues with the input data or SOAP structure or Authentication ( FYI:  I am using Token authentication in the SOAP header using XSLT mapping  and populating my entire SOAP message in XSLT mapping )

What i tried

• No Network issues between SAP PI box and Web server . 8080 port is also open so should not be any infrastructure issues. Correct me if i am wrong
  • No useful log information at the web server side.
  • Content-Type was sent to Content-Type: text/xml;charset=UTF-8.
  • Message Protocol is SOAP 1.1
  • Tried with ignoreSOAPStatus bean in the receiver communication channel to ignore the responses. Result : in PI it is succesful but no entries in webservice.

What could be the issue here?

PS: The request reach web server as i can see SAP PI IP address in the web server log file .

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi all,

I have managed to solve the issue finally

Thanks for all for your valid inputs.

Issue: Validated the SOAP request ( after PI mapping ) with WSDL using Altova XML spy and found out an issue with one of the XML tag. Typo issue

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question