Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot reply to a particular thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wanted to reply to this thread and was denied:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3187727

"An error occurred while trying to submit your post. Please try again."

I am definitely logged in, and have posted many other replies in the PI forums.

I tried Advanced Editor and it gave me an error about needing a title. So maybe there is something wrong with the original post's title (e.g. too long or special characters)? Or maybe its just me?

Please have a look and let me know. I tried to direct message the author also, but cannot because he is not following me.

Regards,

Aaron

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, it's not just you. I got the same error when I tried to post an answer. I suspect that you're right about the title, but I don't have moderation privileges in that form so I can't change it.

Maybe another moderator could modify the title and see if that helps.

Rob

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yeah: that's what happens when you load script into the title.  I've adjusted the title and added the original title text to the body.  I'm able to reply now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jason!

Maybe that could be an enhancement so the forums don't let people save like that?

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sure: what would be the rule we could use? I can't block punctuation marks so maybe some of the commands?  (And I'm not sure if we can block from just the title...but worth a try!)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure what the capability of your portal software is, but perhaps you could make a regular expression filter that looks for the illegal code patterns rather than individual punctuation marks?

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yup...now just to troubleshoot what string did the damage...

Answers (0)