cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing transports from a different source system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, I need to import a transport created on a different landscape.  I have been sent the cofile and data file and added this to my DEV system, the doner system was also called DEV so I changed the file suffix to D01 on the cofile and data file. The transport loads onto the import queue. However I am unable to apply this transport I get the error 'transport request D01K907298 does not exist'.  I have not tried this before so hopefully there is a simple answer I am missing.

The transport does exist and authorites are okay. The text goes on to ask me to check that the transport exists on my system uder SE01 - which of course it does not as it was not created on this landscape.   I guess I am missing something basic here, as I have loaded transports from SAP this way.  Help appreciated. vince

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vince,

Simple suggestion. Keep the extension "DEV" for both the data file and co-file as it is. Don't change it D01. Make sure they have correct permissions. Then add this DEVK* transport to import queue/buffer for import and then import it.

Please don't change the extension.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ruchit, I was trying to be to clever by changing the extension. vince

former_member184548
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit

Instead of changing the extensions you can add that request from OS level and import it.

If you have K900869.B1S and R900869.B1S then

login with sidadm and use

tp addtobuffer B1SK900869 <SID> pf=<tp profile>

tp import B1SK900869 <SID> client=<>  pf=<tp profile>

Hope it will solve your issue

thanks

atul

Answers (0)