cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML 5 integration with Webdynpro ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I aware that sap providing options to integrating FLEX &SLIVERLITE in Webdynpro abap application .Similarly I want to know is did sap
enable the integration of HTML5 application in Webdynpro abap?

If yes, from which component version? Currently I am running on EHP4
FOR SAP ERP 6.0 / NW7.01

Kindly provide some useful links

Regards

Chinnaiya Pandian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry but WDA does not support HTML5. You can use SAPUI5 for HTML5. But now you cannot use HTML5.

If helpful please dont forget give points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keseli ,

Thanks for yor reply ,

could you pls provide the link if you have where they mention HTML 5 is not supported in WDA which will really help us .

Regards

Chinnaiya Pandian 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No link for that. Wda started before html5 and it didnt get a major update. So wda is not compatible with html5. If you look at a wda application you can understand what i mean.

Reward points, if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keseli ,

if that so SAP  should mention it some where in Product avaliablity matrix .

Moderators  Please throw some lights on this issue .

Regards

Chinnaiya Pandian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Come on. Did you ever call transaction se80 and look at wda?

Sap does not have to mention it in pam. everyday new technologies are coming to life and update pam? Please please look at a wda application and then try to get help from moderator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keseli ,

SAP always keep on update the PAM when there is some update happening .

check out the below link . HTML 5  island for WDA is under development . so it is possible to integrate  the HTML5 in WDA in future .

http://enterprisegeeks.com/blog/2010/06/07/enterprise-geeks-podcast-sap-business-bydesign-deep-dive/

Regards

Chinnaiya Pandian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Flash is dead. Flash Islands are active for WDA. But Flash is dead. SAPUI5 is the new king. And I think SAP will take SAPUI5 design to WDA. But I dont know time. And you asked "now" not for "future". There is no support HTML5 for now in WDA. That is the answer. No pam for WDA, because it is not a product. WDA is the SAP standard UI technology for developing Web applications in the ABAP environment.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Actually in 7.02 and higher you can do some integration of HTML5 content into WDA via the Page Builder.  You can have a WDA CHIP and a Web CHIP in the same page.  Using the JavaScript based eventing framework (EPCM - same as the Portal Eventing framework) you can exchange data and events between the different CHIP implementations. This is somewhat low level and requires digging into the EPCM JavaScript APIs on the HTML5 side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Will SAP support HTML5 in WDA natively? Any ideas about that?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

There are also plans for an HTML Island for direct integration in place as opposed to a separate CHIP and usage of the Page Builder.  This is a work in progress UI element and as such should be treated as a possible future feature and not a hard commitment. 

Of course HTML5 isn't one single piece of technology.  It is numerous enhancements to HTML and CSS as well as general advancements in browser capabilities.  I think you will also see some of these advanced browser features worked into the WD rendering framework over time; but at a slower pace since Web Dynpro has to also support older browsers as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suppose SAP will support more browsers. SAP tracks browser changes very slowly.

Thanks for information.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Yes there were some announcements at SAPPHIRE/ASUG a few weeks ago about increasing which browsers are supported as well as keeping up with browser versions quicker. We also plan to make it customer configurable as to how they want to handle the unsupported browser check (warning instead of hard stop). We are converting WD from IE Quirks to IE Standard Mode.  This will help a lot with moving faster in the future as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am waiting for Google Chrome support instead of Internet Explorer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas Jung wrote:

We are converting WD from IE Quirks to IE Standard Mode. This will help a lot with moving faster in the future as well.

THIS my friend is the most joyfull moment in the last 6 month.

I'm currently redesigning the Netwaever-Portal to fit our CI. And I have to fight every day with incompatibilities to new Browsers. The whole design and JavaScript works well in portal as long as there is no content to be shown.

This Quirks-Mode of the content also forces me to use IE8 mode for the design because of the IFrames content which have to run in quirksmode. (IE9 does not support the Quirks mode in nested Frames if the Host-Frame is IE9-Mode.)