cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection frequency on material family not material ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,
I've got the following scenario for inspection in production (inspection types 04): at characteristic level, client wants to test one batch out of x ... BUT he wants to manage this at material family level (one family being several materials having the same inspection plan) and not at material level.
So in a production run, as long as material family does not change, they want the inspection frequency to take into account history of the whole production run (several materials from same family).
As DMR and quality level are defined at material level, I can't use it as such ... any idea about how this could be managed ?

Thanks in advance,
pferon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, there is nothing in the system that allows the tracking of the DMR level to be done on a material group level.  If I follow what you want.

I make Material A, material B, and Material C. These are pretty much identical except perhaps the dye color.

So you make the following batches in this order.  You inspect every third batch.

Mtrl A Batch 1

Mtrl B Batch 1

Mtrl B Batch 2 <-- inspect

Mtrl C Batch 1

Mtrl A Batch 2

Mtrl B Batch 3 <--inspect

Mtrl B Batch 4

Mtrl C Batch 2

Mtrl A Batch 3 <--inspect

If this is what you are looking for, than no.  your only option I can think of is to use user exits to look at all the quality levels for the all the materials in a group, pick the last changed one, and then update all the quality levels for all the materials to the same level.

FF

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you FF,

Yes, your understanding is correct: this is exactly what I am looking for.

Looking at another forum I've found the following post in answer to a similar case, where reference was made to enhancement QDSE0001 and Custom table for Material to Ref Material assignment in the plant:

http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=324265&start=0&st=0&sk=t&

... so I am gonna try this ... thanks again :D

pferon

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I saw that posting over there.  I'm active there as well. I know Anand well and we've met personally on several occasions.  He's very good.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I've now tried enhancement QDSE0001 and Custom table for Material to Ref Material assignment in the plant: it works fine, but there is one problem: when trying to look at history via QDL3, it systematically gives the message "No inspection lots found for selected quality level".

Is it normal ? Have you seen this as well ? Any solution ?

Thanks,

pferon

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since I haven't implemented this myself I can't really say for sure.

But since you are updating most of the quality levels by a user exit manually, and not via the system, I can maybe see that depending on which material you look at, you might not find any. But I would think at least on of the materials in the group would show the inspection lot.  Maybe you want to make sure the that the programmer excluded the update of the triggering material.  I.e. if an inspectio lot is created and the UD is done for Material A, all the Qualtiy levels for the materials in the material group should have their quality levels updated EXCEPT for Material A.  Could the programmer be updating all materials in the family? 

FF

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi pferon,

Can't you use DMR at characteristic level for this? Select this at header level and assign DMR at required MIC level.

Regards, Anand