cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Singleton with correlation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I wonder if it is possible to implement a correlation related singleton using BPM. I would like only one process instance to be active for a certain correlation. Is this feature supported by SAP PI BPM?

Kind regards,

Heiko

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you talking about PI CCBPM or SAP BPM?  IMO, ccBPM does not support singleton pattern.  Again if you do a collect pattern like time based , in this instance cbpm host a single instance of Integration process for a specified time interval. This can be equivalent of singleton on this particular case. If you look for correlation  widely for any pattern based then according to my knowledge the answer is NO. Hope that helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm talking about PI CCBPM, your statement confirms what I've suspected. The correlation refers to when a process will be acitvated. It doesn't consider procecesses already running, except they're implement some kind of loop on the receiver side.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

correaltion refers some sequence and unique value in payload as per condition, if you want differen process then write a condition in receoiver determination to route message to other process, you have to create interface .

Correct me if i am wrong.

Regards,

Raj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've already checked out the queue assignment using transaction SWF_INB_CONF. It doesn't seem to have an effect on the number of process instances existing for a certain correlation.

nageshwar_reddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Queue assignment for the integration process will determine the number of parallel instances you have at a time. I believe if you are using single queue assignment with buffering(delivery mode), there will only be one process instance at a time. Isn't that what you meant when you referred to singleton?