SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude contract accounts from FPMA run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

How can we exclude a particular type ( VKTYP ) of Contract accounts from FPMA run ?

I dont want to manually exclude them from selection screen of FPMA.

Is there any exit for that ?

Thanks,

Nachiket

3 REPLIES 3

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot supply Contract Account Type as a param directly in FPMA.

You can, however, create a Pre-selection of Contract Accounts (of a given type) using transaction FPSELP.

Then export the resultant list to a file, and then import the file in the multiple selection mode of Contract Accounts in FPMA.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ivor

P.S. The pre-selection is handy for several other mass FICA transactions, so would a useful tool in providing non-ABAP solutions  when the client has budgetary constraints.

0 Kudos

Hi Ivor,

I tried with FPSELP . It is indeed good option.

But suppose I need to run FPMA weekly , in case new contract accounts are added from previous runs

then Do I need to run FPSELP again and generate a new file and import again in selection ?

That would be time consuming.

Is there any alternative ?

Thanks,

Nachiket

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nachiket,

You can use event 590 for your purpose.

In this event, the selected items of a business partner/contract account are provided in automatic clearing so that you can exclude items from automatic clearing.

You can take the contract account and pass it thru any std FM, like FKK_ACCOUNT _READ to retrieve the contract account category.

By initializing field XAKTP_0590 in the table of items (T_0590), you can delete an item. Clearing control is then only called and automatic clearing carried out for the remaining items.

However, please note that, if you are coding in 0590, it will not clear the excluded contarct account category henceforth through auto clearing.

Hope it helps in answering your query.

Thanks,

Amlan