cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question regarding extension of table BOPF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement where the ALV display table on a view has to be extended with additional field.

Now, I checked for the dictionary structure that ALV refers to, and it starts with /PRM/TABLE (namespace basically) and data is populated onto the context of the component controller in the WD component.

When I debug the component controller methods where the data is being populated into the particular nodes, then I find that BOPF (business object processing framework is being used) and when I trace further I get the table names and structure names but they follow differnent namespace i.e. /DMF/TABLE or /DMF/Structure.

So, if I extend those tables or structures, then the changes wont get reflected into the tables or structures referred by the WD component as they both have different namespaces.

WD UI -> WD Component -> /PRM/*    while  BOPF (while debugging or /BOBF/CUST_UI) refers to /DMF/* table or structures.

Could you please throw light here or help me identify how to extend the ALV with additional custom field in this case?

Thanks,
Ravish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I got the soln, there is CI (customer include in both the tables from diff namespace), if I include the zfield in the CI, then it gets included in both the tables).