Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single line item on invoice

former_member546322
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a scenario for which I need to provide a solution as soon as possible.

Scenario : Client has ordered 200 no. of items of amount Rs150000 with milestone billing ever month ie 50 items every month.

now when we go for invoicing it takes all the 50 items for that month, but as per requirement they want to have a single line item with the total amount of those 50 items.

Can you provide me with a solution how we can do this.

Thanks & Regards

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

If you want a single line item in the invoice with the combined value for all the 50 items, it is not possible and it should not be done.

All the 50 items in sales order should be and will be represented as 50 line items in invoice, either in one invoice or in multiple invoices. This is the standard SAP design. It is enabled this way to maintain the consistency of document flow and reporting per each line item. If you alter this you will have huge problem. Based on the sales order line item number, the document flow and other tables are updated with the corresponding item number of the succeeding document. It is not possible to combine multiple line items of SO referring to one line item in the invoice. Hope you get this point clearly.

In the invoice, you will anyway get 50 line items. But when you take the print out of the layout, you can decide to show the customer only one line item and print the total value.

former_member546322
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Navaneetha,

I need one more info,can you explain me the process how to take the print out of the layout with one line item with the total value on it.

I think you last line will solve my problem.

Regards

Rahul

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

For the layout part, you need to talk to the business and coordinate with the ABAPer to design a form where you can print the details of the invoice. The developer will take care of the report, if you clearly tell your requirements to him.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

let all the 50 line items flow from delivery to billing but if you want you can hard code as single line item  and how ever you want and provide print out to the customer. in this case accounting will be as per sap and we are not disturbing the standard, only modifying in output form.

Thanks

VSA

former_member546322
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies,this scenario is only for one customer,  if I do so than it will effect invoice output of other customer also. so  I need to create a new output type and than assign the smart form or is there any way that I can do this for particular customer without effect other.

Thanks

Rahul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maintain the blocks for each mail stone.When ever you want to bill the customer remove the block for that specific milestone.

former_member546322
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi for the reply but we want a single line item while creating invoice,  even though in sales order we have many line items. so is there ant config which can enable a single line item in the invoice.