cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rolling up planning data from item to initiatve to bucket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Can initiatives contain items that belong to diffent buckets than the initiative? If so: Portfolio item A belongs to bucket A. Initiative A, which contains item A, belongs to bucket B. How does planning information of item A rollup to bucket level. To bucket A or B? Or can you choose?

Thanks for your help here!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

priyatham_kasu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Initiative can contain items belonging to different bucket with in the same portfolio.

The roll up source to the bucket is maintained in the customizing node Define Financial and Capacity Views.

In the Bucket Roll up Source you can mention from which objects the data has to be rolled up to the bucket. For a bucket you can roll up data in 2 ways.

1. From Items and Items that are added to an initiative
  2. From Items and Initiatives ( when this option is selected remember to roll up the item data to initiative)

Best Regards,

Priyatham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for this! Though i am not sure if i understand this entirely.

1. From Items and Items that are added to an initiative
  2. From Items and Initiatives ( when this option is selected remember to roll up the item data to initiative)

Can you explain to me with regard to scenario 1 (From Items and Items that are added to an initiative) how my case works (Portfolio item A belongs to bucket A. Initiative A, which contains item A, belongs to bucket B. How does planning information of item A rollup to bucket level. To bucket A or B? ).

Thanks!

priyatham_kasu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

• Item A belongs to Bucket A
  • Initiative A belong to Bucket B
  • Item A is added to Initiative A (Item A is called item of initiative or sub item in this case)

1. Bucket roll up source = Items of initiative and standalone items
    • In this case Item A is sub item as it is added to Initiative A
    • From the configuration for bucket roll up, Item A data will be rolled up to Bucket A
    • If Initiative Process in config is set as Roll up (optional), then the data from Item A will also roll up to Initiative A. But from Initiative A it will not roll up to Bucket B
  2. Bucket roll up source = Initiatives and Standalone items
    • In this case Initiative Process has to be set as roll up so that data from sub item will roll up to initiative and from initiative to bucket. If not the data from item will be missing at the bucket level
    • Item A data will roll up to Initiative A
    • From Initiative A data will roll up to Bucket B as Initiative A is present in Bucket B and not in Bucket A
    • As Item A is not a stand alone item, from the configuration Item A data will not be rolled up to Bucket A

Hope this explains.

Best Regards,

Priyatham

Answers (0)