cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to assign user to a local purchase group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

We have created a local purchase organization and assigned a local purchase group (ie., both purch org and purch grp do not have any reference to backend ECC data).

Its embarrassing - but i am not able to assign already existing SRM users into the newly created local purchasing group.

1) Highlighted the local purchase group in PPOMA_BBP

2) Switched over to the "Purchaser Assignment" view

3) Right clicked on the local purchase group and choose "Assign"

Doing this, i am not able to assign a user to the local purchase group. I would be able to assign either an organization or a position and both are useless in this case.

We are on SRM 5.0 with HR integration active.

The said users are already using SRM shopping cart functionality with SRM-MDM Catalog.

Require your help to resolve this.

Regards,

Maars.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Maar,

Just a question, Did you try to add the User Position manually "Purchasing Assignment" view under Organization Responsibility by selecting Radio button of "P - Position"?

Thank you

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

I did not do anything on the Responsibility tab.

I just right clicked on the purchase group (the org unit) and tried to do the assignment to an user.

Maars.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Hope these screen shots would be of some help?

The third screen shot - when i do an assign - it only assigns a position. There is no option to assign a user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

Stuck here and unable to proceed with the test setup to enable Standalone anlong with the presently implemented Classical scenario.

Did some searching and found references to "Is Purchaser Of" relationship. But i found this relationship set up only to receive positions and not users.

Any suggestions to get this moving will be very helpful.

- Maars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why not assign user through USERS_GEN TO the purchase group.

With Regards,

Malay

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have HR integration enabled, so i'm clueless with regards to assigning via USERS_GEN. The only function i am aware of is "Consistency Check" which is used with such an integrated scenario.

Is transaction OOVK of any importance to enable the assignment of user to a local purchase group?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Using Purchaser Assignment feature in PPOMA_BBP, you can assign only the position and not the user. User will get linked via S-CP-US link.

In one of my earlier project we did exactly this as we had HR Integration switched on. You cant user Users_gen in such cases.

In my case I had almost 120 purchaser users to be assigned this way. I just got their names. So I looked into tables HRP1001 to get the position ids and assigned them.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Sushil.