cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

code is not appearing in one of the user’s datamanger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am facing issue in material repository (MDM 7.1 SP06). One material code is not appearing in one of the user’s datamanger. The code is actually exist if I logged in by Admin user.

I have already tried by giving him admin role but still code not available in his datamanger. Kindly help me resolving this issue.

Regards,

Gaurang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurang,

Can you check if the role assigned to the user is having some constraints values maintained in the role?

It would be under Table and Fields tab in MDM Console.

If some constraint is defined then user will be able to see only those records which satisfy the values maintained in constraint. Kindly check once and let me know.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No constrain selected in role. This is only happening with records are in workflow.

My scenario of material creation is as follows:

User creates request in 3rd party software (not in MDM). Then request get imported in MDM through import manager & triggers a workflow. So user is not the creator or workflow launcher for MDM. It goes to respective approver. Issue is user is not able to tract his request even after record created in MDM but record not displaying in his datamanager. Once it goes out of workflow he can see record in MDM.

Regards,

Gaurang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurang,

If the record is being Checked Out during the Workflow, and user is not having permission to join checkout, then user can only see the Original version of the record in Data Manager and he/she will not be able to see Checked Out version of the record.

In your case, there is no original version of the record as it is yet to be created completely in Data Manager. So the user would not be able to see the record until and unless it is checked in after the workflow is complete. So please check if user is having the authorization to join checkout or not. If not, then he would be able to see the record once the workflow is complete.

Kindly let me know regarding this. Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurang,

I am with Ankush on the reason why requestor cannot track the record.

This is by design,and in my view giving a user authorization to join checkout is not advisable.

However one way to notify user is to use PI to send mails,for this you can configure syndication of record at various milestones(Workflow steps).This will keep user updated and also he will be aware of material code.

This calls a syndication step to be added in the MDM WF and configuring PI.

Please come back with findings/query.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I think the alternative to send email notification would not be feasible.

Reason would be that the user who wants to track the workflow is neither requestor nor workflow owner.

And there would be so many users in the system(considering commercial scenario) and we cannot decide the recipients of the email notification to be sent through PI.

It can only be done if we could decide on single point of contact, say, for each region or Material Type etc. Otherwise we cannot predict that which user wants to see the workflow status and then send email to him/her. Correct me if i am wrong. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

You do have a point but if you observe here:

User creates request in 3rd party software (not in MDM). Then request get imported in MDM through import manager & triggers a workflow. So user is not the creator or workflow launcher for MDM. It goes to respective approver. Issue is user is not able to tract his request even after record created in MDM but record not displaying in his datamanager. Once it goes out of workflow he can see record in MDM.

It seems concern is on tracking and not user notification after creation.

So I assume user details are also part of data flowing into MDM by virtue of which MDM knows whom to send mails.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry I did not get your question right the first time,I think Requestor and User are used interchangeably.

Gaurang,

Please comment.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

Requestor Email available in one of the field in MDM. So I feel it’s good solution to go.

Hi Ravi,

As mention, I have tried giving authorization to join checkout but still record not visible for user. I also tried with giving him admin role but no luck. May I know why record not appearing even after admin role.

Regards,

Gaurang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurang,

If Requester Email is available in MDM then email notification can be sent through PI.

You would require to add one more step of "Syndicate" after completion/at the start of each workflow step. Then PI could be configured to send emails at each step with corresponding content and information.

Now your next query that user is still not able to see record even he has Admin role:

The only possibility i see is that there might be some search filters getting applied when user is opening Data Manager GUI. And the given record might not be satisfying the search criteria and hence not appearing for user. Kindly check with user and ask him to reset search once(if possible) and then look for the record.

If this is also not the reason, then please investigate at your end and let me know the root cause as well..

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurang,

Kindly update your findings and let us know if the responses were helpful to you.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

There is no default filter selected in search in user data manager. My findings are if record is in checkout mode it will not appear for user even if he is having admin role.

Regards,

Gaurang

Answers (0)