Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling TO print for 411Q mov.type

prabhu_sundararaman2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello WM gurus,

Our client is using a Z transaction to do stock posting transaction.

The Z transaction posts a 411Q material document in the background and also creates a WM Transfer Order (mov.type 309) and also triggers TO print in the background.

Now the client wants to suppress the TO printing for this movement type  i.e the material document and TO should get posted but TO print alone should be suppressed for the specific IM mov.type 411Q. The problem here is the TO generation and TO print happen in one shot in the background and it is difficult to control TO print alone.

We had initially proposed a solution based on activation of user exit at the storage type level .The necessary coding would be written in the exit to blank the print for the TO based on IM and WM mov.type. The solution will work but we need to activate the userexit for all relevant storage types.

However, client is unable to decide which warehouses and storage types are to be included as there are many warehouses with multiple storage types. As of now, the only criterai they can say are IM movement type and transaction code only.

Is there any other way of controlling TO print based on IM movement type/tcode?

Is there any BADI / exit available for the same? Any other ideas?

Your valuable inputs would be appreciated.

Regards

Prabhu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We controls the TO printing in WM based on WM- movement types, as you mentioned movement type in WM is 309, so remove print code assigned to movement type=309 in print control. This will solve your problem.

Regards

prabhu_sundararaman2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The problem with 309 mov.type is that it is assigned to multiple IM mov.types like 411, 415 etc. So, removing print code for 309 would also suppress printing for other IM movtypes.

I think best way would be to create a new WM mov.type without print code and assign it to my IM mov.type.

Anyway, thanks for your input.

Regards

Prabhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can do that, you can create your own WM movement type and assign it to required IM movement type.

Regards