cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception: java-lang-NullPointerException While trying to invoke the method com-sap-aii-ib-bom-flib-types-FixedValuesTable-lookup of an object loaded from local variable _table in class com-sap-aii-mappingtool-flib7

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I get an Exception: 

[java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method com.sap.aii.ib.bom.flib.types.FixedValuesTable.lookup(java.lang.String) of an object loaded from local variable '_table'] in class com.sap.aii.mappingtool.flib7.

TextFunctions met

The field ABC exist in the target structure and the error is being thrown out in the mapping step. It seems like there is some problem in the fix value mapping. Mapping is as shown below :

input->ifelsecondition->Substring fuction->Fixvaluemapping-->Targetfield(ABC)

As per this mapping the Substring should throw 3 character word and  in fix value mapping  it is getting displayed correctly. The fix value mapping displayed the expected result.

Till this point every thing looks fine but when I clicked on the Queue of the Target field it throws out the error as:

Runtime exception when processing target-field mapping /ns0:MT_RequisitionImport/Envelope/Packet/Payload/REQUISITION/FUNCTIONALAREA_GJFA; root message: Exception:[java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method com.sap.aii.ib.bom.flib.types.FixedValuesTable.lookup(java.lang.String) of an object loaded from local variable '_table'] in class com.sap.aii.mappingtool.flib7.TextFunctions method fixed_values[XXX, null, com.sap.aii.ib.bom.flib.types.ValueMappingStrategy@76e37646, , com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.rt.Context@73dda3f0]

Here it clearly shows that output of the key in fix value mapping is null, which contradicts the result of  fix value mapping queue.

Please help in finding out the resolution of this issue.

Thanks and  Regards,

Sudhir Kumar

Message was edited by: Jason Lax

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sudhir,

Transferring my response here:

There is a solution mentioned in SAP Note 1509561 - Null pointer exception during mapping using Fix Values that recommends patching your ESR Component.

To see the current patch level of your PI components see SAP Note 1381878 - How/where to check the patch levels of your XI/PI System.

After the patch has been applied, edit your message mapping and then reactivate.

Hope this helps,

Mark

0 Kudos

Thanks Mark , Your reply is indeed very helpful.  I am working on this.

Regards,

Sudhir

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe you are having a problem with the context of the mapping queue?

When you display queue from if-else and substring points, do they show as the same level (colors white, grey, blue, etc) as the fix value mapping queue? If not try to use Collapse Context or other node functions to make the context match.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Explain+node+functions

0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

The context is on the same level for all the mapping blocks.

Regards,

Sudhir

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Make sure you have the fixes in the notes below. These fix some known issues with the FixValues function.

1509561 Null pointer exception during mapping exe.using FixValues

1492432 FixValues editor does not deactivate in readonly mode.

1269864 FixValues doesnot return default value

Regards

Mark

0 Kudos

Thanks Mark ! Thanks for sharing  these useful information with us.

Regards,

Sudhir

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

I had to update your query because the original script quoted in the title was causing an error that prevented other users from replying. 

I've quoted the original title text in the body and used the quote formatting to prevent any other issues.

Regards,

Jason

0 Kudos

Thanks Jason .  Good to see atleast people are able to reply in the thread.