cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP to Proxy synchronous scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

am working on SOAP to Proxy synchronous scenario.

am done the repository part.  Need help in the Integration Dirctory.

getting call from VB and pass it to ECC through XI and the reponse back to VB frontend.

In the integration directory,

1. what will be the business component/business systems
2. Communication channel configuration...

Please help in these...

if you can provide screen shots it would be great.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>> 1. what will be the business component/business systems

Choosing business systems is up to you, depending on your scenario. You can use some existing BS or create new ones in SLD, it all depends on the requirements.

>>> 2. Communication channel configuration

example SOAP sender:

example Proxy receiver:

In fact, all the settings above are quite intuitive and you should be able to configure them easily.

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great...Thanks a lot Greg.

Have few questions....

1. created a business component for Sender

2. can i use business system as ECC for the reciever side????

3. CC for Soap sender is fine...configured the same way

4. CC for Proxy...what is HTTP Destination???

once again thanks for your prompt response..

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>> 2. can i use business system as ECC for the reciever side????

Well, that's how I normally do that so I believe the answer yes.

>>> 4. CC for Proxy...what is HTTP Destination???

It's an RFC destination that you define in transaction sm59 in the ABAP stack of PI. An example configuration from my system:

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. created a business component for Sender - yes correct because sende system is 3rd party

2. can i use business system as ECC for the reciever side????  -> yes you can use

3. CC for Soap sender is fine...configured the same way -> yes okay but you select QOS is Best Effort because ur scenario is Synchronous

4. CC for Proxy...what is HTTP Destination???  -> have to create one RFC destination type(H) on pi back end system by using t.c SM59 (refer greg print screens)

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Greg for your prompt responses.

Completed teh configuraton part...

Have these questions...

1. I need to provide the WSDL file to business, so where do i generate???

2. Is there any way that i can test this...without Front end VB.. as to check my configuration is working fine or not???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sankar for your help too..

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No problem

>>> 1. I need to provide the WSDL file to business, so where do i generate???

Right-click the Sender agreement for your scenario and choose "Display WSDL", then save it as a local file and deliver to the party responsible for the sender.

>>> 2. Is there any way that i can test this...without Front end VB.. as to check my configuration is working fine or not???

My personal favorite here is the free SOAP UI tool - pretty intuitive to use, and it's free. You simply import the wsdl, provide input data based on the template and execute the test.

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. I need to provide the WSDL file to business, so where do i generate???

------> have 2 approaches to generate WSDL file

1. Display WSDl from TOOLs menu bar -> if you need to give WSDl url to client / specify any url by client...

or

2. Display wsdl from sender agreement option in sender agreement -> if you need to give total WSDl file (from 7.1 v on wards)

2. Is there any way that i can test this...without Front end VB.. as to check my configuration is working fine or not???

-----> u can test it scenario by using Soap UI Tool /Altova xmL spy......

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have downloaded the WSDL file and shared with business got a response saying that username and password needed for execute it.

And also told me that some profile needs to be created in SOAMANAGER....

going through few docs..

Please let me know what is the purpose of this SOAMANAGER...??
Please provide screen shots for it..because i was confused when i tried to do?

THanks

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let my try to answer one by one:

>>> I have downloaded the WSDL file and shared with business got a response saying that username and password needed for execute it.

This is true. When some sender tries to connect with PI in SOAP to * scenario, it has to provide PI username and password, with which the sender authenticates itself. You can read more in one of my blogs here, if you're interested in it:

>>> And also told me that some profile needs to be created in SOAMANAGER

This is only true if you did not use PI. You can expose a function module or a function group as a web service directly in ECC. If you do so, indeed a SOAMANAGER configuration is required. The purpose of it is somehow similar to why you create Sender Agreement & sender Communication Channel in PI scenario.

Another possibility is that the sender system in your scenario is some SAP system. It is possible to call a SOAP web service from ABAP code, and SOAMANAGER config is also required in this case. But is it really the case in your scenario?

Hope this clarifies it for you,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great...Very awesome explanation...Thanks Greg.

Answers (0)