Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman 7.1 DBA Parameters in Managed System Config

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Solman 7.1 on Oracle.

System and Basic config are completed and green. In the managed system configuration portion of the solution manger setup, I get to step 5 "Enter System Parameters". On this page my "Common Parameters" and my "ABAP Parameters" are both filled in and working according to the test. My problem is the DB Parameters. No matter what I fill in here, I cannot get the connection to work and I get error message "DB connection not established".

I have the following fields to fill in.

Database Host:     

Service Name:     

Port Number:     

TNS Name:     

Character Set: 

National Character Set:     

User Name:

The host I put server name (just host not FQDN). Service name/port/TNS info I get from my tnsnames.ora file on my managed system. User name I tried ora<sid> user, <sid>adm of my managed system, but neither works. What user should I use here? Should I create one? With what roles? What should character set fields be?

I've read the solman setup guide and watched the flash how to guide from SAP RKT, but nowhere does it specify which user it should be and I think this is my problem.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Character set and national character set can be ignored.

In user field, the user should be a database user like SAPSR3. To check database users in your DB:

login to databaser server as ora<sid>

sqlplus / as sysdba

select username from dba_users;

Last query should show you the database user to be used. If required change the database user password via command:

brconnect -u / -c -l E -f chpass -o SAPSR3  -password (whatever_you_want)

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Spot on. Changed the user to sapsr3 with the master password for that system and it worked.

Good effort.

Answers (0)