cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Heuristics order creation date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Below is the model, current results and expected results.

Business scenario- At the time of PR creation by APO, business does not know which vendor to assign. Vendor selection happens later in ECC based on many factors. When there is a requirement, the necessary PR should be created with a date which is 45 days before the requirement (forecast) date as the delivery lead time for the product is 45 days. Client will change this PR to PO and assign the required vendor 45 days ahead of the requirement.

Model- a product P at location L. P has a forecast on 1st Nov 2012 (01.11.2012).

Proc type- F

Planned del time- 45 days

No vendor maintained in APO

No T Lane maintained for the product P @ L

Current Result- When I run SNP heuristics on P @ L, a PR is created on 16th Nov 2012 (16.11.2012). If I go into order details in RRP3 view, I see order start date- 16.11.2012, order end date- 16.11.2012, order opening date-02.10.2012

Expected result- PR should be created at L on mid of sep'12. Availability date for the PR should be 15.09.2012

I tried by maintaining GR processing time at L as 45 days. But still the same result.

Need some light on the system behavior and what needs to be done to get the desired results.

Regards

Manotosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Private_Member_738444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manotosh,

Only Finished Goods Planned without BOM explosion in APO

Any order created through SNP planning run in APO has a pegging characteristic, i.e it has an attachment of supply node with demand node. This pegging occurs only in a relevant t-lane with means-of-transport is maintained between the two locations (MFG vs DC)

Hence the Pur.Rqs-order at DC location with procurement type = F (External Procurement) will have a supply node, which would have a demand node at the MFG location, here at MFG location this same order would become a STO-order order, but only if the t-lane exists between MFG & DC.

This order which if required on say 01-Nov-12 would have three dates :start-date, available-date & end-date. It would only consider the GR+GI (of both MFG & DC) +Transport Duration {this is maintained in Means-of-Transportation}  to cascade the start date.

ex : Transportation Duration = 24 hrs GI= 0 for both MGF & DC GR=10 days for MFG & GR=0 for DC, then this order would be created as below:

Order-XXXXXXX  |  start date :21-Oct-12 {24 hrs + 10 days = 11 days prior to 01-Nov-12} | available date : 01-Nov-12 | End Date : 01-Nov-12

Finished Goods Planning with BOM explosion

This would then include the PPM/PDS & include many additional times to calculate the start date.

Please check the product-location master for GR+GI & try again. In case no T-lane is maintained then I guess it boils down to just planning for one-material at only one location. Right? It should then only take the GR time to generate the Pur.Rqs-order's time.

I hope this helps.

Kumar

MFG= Manufacturing Plant

DC= Distribution Center

Message was edited by: Blue Lotus

Message was edited by: Blue Lotus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Thanx for the detailed explanation. I also had the same understanding and hence tried with different options of maintaining Planned delivery time and GR time at DC. But the results are weird. 16th Nov is something that is not traced. Also why is heuristics doing a forward scheduling rather than a backward scheduling?

Do you mean to say that if the T lane is not maintained, the planned delivery time does not have a significance? or in other words, the system works properly only if a t lane is maintained?

Regards

Manotosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Got the solution.

Even if there is no T Lane, PDT still works as desired.

In this case it was about the planning bucket being used as daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly.

Go into product master data of each product that you want to plan with SNP Heuristic. In product master data, go into Lot Size- Rate & Qty determination Tab. There there are two parameters, one called "Use period factor check box", the other  called "Period Factor".
If you set "Use period factor" empty then by default SNP Heuristic creates PRs in the middle of each bucket. If you set this parameter "X" then APO gives the power of changing the PR date to you. When this parameter is set as "X" then the other parameter "Period Factor" becomes useful. The PR date changes according to the number you write in "Period Factor". If you set this parameter "0.000" then SNP Heuristic creates PRs in the beginning of buckets. If you set this parameter as "1" then SNP Heuristic creates PRs at the end of buckets. You can arrange the date by trying numbers between 0.001 and 1.

F1 help of ‘use period factor’ in product master-

Use

You use this indicator to define how the system determines the desired availability date/time of the receipts that should cover the requirements in a period. The indicator is relevant for period-based planning and is thus relevant for the following applications:

• Heuristic in Supply Network Planning (SNP)

Usage in the SNP Heuristic

The system only takes into account the Use Period Factor indicator if you have not specified a period factor in the production process model or in the transportation lane. (If you have specified a period factor in the PPM or in the transportation lane, the system uses this period factor to determine the availability date/time.) The system evaluates the Use Period Factor indicator as follows: 

• If you do not set the indicator, the desired availability date/time of the receipt elements is in the middle of the period, corresponding to a period factor of 0.5. Within daily buckets, the system sets the availability time automatically to 12:00.
  • If you set the indicator and do not enter a value in the Period Factor field, the system also sets the availability date/time to the middle of the period. If you specify a period factor, the system uses the period factor to determine the availability date/time.

But there is another bahavior now-

1.      If I want to make PR avail date as 45 days before the beginning of the bucket, then what needs to be done? I maintained period factor = 0, GR processing time at the destination location as 45 days, planned delivery time as 45 days. But with that, PR availability date is becoming as 1st date of the bucket + 45 days and hence going after the requirement date L order start date- 1st day of the bkt, order end date- 1st day of the bkt+45 days, opening date- 1st day of the bkt-45 days

ReRegards

MManotosh

Private_Member_738444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manotosh,

I checked in my system. We have the following settings:

Pdt-Loc master :

Source Location = GR = 12 days (this would not be included as its the source)

Destination Location GR= 2 days

Transporatation Duration in T-Lane = 144 hrs = 6 days

For both source & destination location:

Lot Size: Qty & Date Determination : (v) Use Period Factor & Period Factor = 0.000 (mind you its not just a '0')

Time bucket profile = 24monthsFirst12monthsInWeeks

Calculation occurs in monthly buckets by Network Heuristics Run.

Results:

The order is created 6+2 = 8 days prior to the requirement date!

Requirement Date : 03-Jan-2013

Pur.Rqs/STO creation Date : 26-Dec-2012

I am not sure if this helps?

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Thanx for your revert. However in my case, I neither have a source location nor a T Lane. Hence need to test on this scenario.

Regards

Manotosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Awaiting a pointer on the GR processing time and the calculation of the availability date.

Regards

Manotosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manotosh,

I think you requirment can fill with Period factor, Backward Schduling and Planning delivery time fields.

Period Factor = 0.000

Backward Scheduling in the Heuristic.

Planned delivery time in the Source location as 45 days.

so, when you create a requirment in the destination location(DC), it will create a STO at source location considering the above settings and it will generate a order whose start date = (requirment date at destination - Planned delivery time).

Kindly check and revert.

Thanks,

Regards,

Sandeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

The catch here is that I dont have a source location while creating PR. Hence need the PR availability date at the destination location as 45 days before the requirement date. Currently with period factor and with PDT, the PR availability date comes as equal to requirement date and the order opening date comes 45 days before the requirement date. Order opening date is visible only when you open the order from RRP3 or RRP4 and not in the product view elements. Hence the user has to open each order to see the order opening date. Other way is to create a report and display the details there.

To avoid it, I am looking to get the PR availability date as equal to 45 days before the requirement date. These PRs would be edited and converted to PO in ECC where the vendor will be assigned.

Regards

Manotosh

Answers (0)