cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trip Amount Posting to FI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have configured Travel Management for my client. As I am new to this module, I am unaware of the process of posting the same to FICO. Kindly let me know the same.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to define following sequence.

Expense type

Wage type (assign Expense type to Wage Type)

Symbolic Account (Assign Wage type to Symbolic account)

Symbolic Account to GL Account..

For more information, please visit following link..

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/b6/cd9ea249e911d189060000e8322f96/frameset.htm

Regards,

Muhammad Umer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply..

I have done these configuration. One query that I wanted to ask was do we assign the standard wage types to Symbolic Accounts? coz our client does not want to integrate travel management to Payroll. Only FICO Integration is required in this case.

Also, my other query is do we need to follow the steps that are mentioned in other forums? (claim > approve > settle > transfer to accounting posting runs)? or just creating the travel request would do? coz we would add cost center and GL account mapping would be done for that cost center for posting.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not recommended to assign standard wage type to symbolic account.. You only need to create wage type only travel management and assign symbolic accounts.. It will NOT integrate and effect to payroll.. it will integrate to FICO..

You MUST need to follow the steps otherwise it will not post any amounts to FICO..Mapping is required but it is utilized at the time of for posting..

Hope it would serve your purpose..

Regards,

Muhammad Umer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply again.

I need to ask is, I have assigned the standard wage types. transported the same to quality. Created a Travel Request for an employee. Now as per the topics in other forums, I first tried to settle the claim thru TCode PREC, I get the following log details in test run:

Personnel numbers accounted                                                                        0

Locked personnel numbers                                                                           0

Rejected Personnel Numbers                                                                         0

Selected trips                                                                                     0

Accounted trips                                                                                    0

Trip status  not set, test!                                                                        0

Rejected trips                                                                                     0

Canceled    trips                                                                                  0

Then next, while executing TCOde PRFI, get the following Result:

Summary

Personnel Numbers

settled, canceled           0

Blocked                     0

Rejected                    0

Trips

settled, canceled           0

With postable amounts       0

With no amount              0

Non-postable                0

Rejected Due To Errors      0

Finally for PRAP, following is displayed:

NO TRIP DATA CAN BE FOUND FOR SELCTED CRITERIA.

Is this because I have assigned the standard wage type?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think so,

Please check trip status shall be Request/Trip approved and To Be Settle  in order to settle the trip (PREC)..please note that while settling tip (PREC), system only consider those trips which have trips status  Request/Trip approved and To Be Settle..

If trip would be settled then run PRFI and then PRRW..

Regards,

Muhammad Umer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The status for the same is Request Approved / To be Settled, Still I am facing the error.

Also kindly let me know the exact sequence of using the above mentioned TCODES.

Thanks and Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

There could be another reason (Check authorizations as well)

Please settle your trip by using PR05 as per below Image.

Regards,

Muhammad Umer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My screen somehow looks like below:

Not like the one you have shown....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please use t-code PR05 not trip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to create a new travel request by using Tcode PR05. Now it is giving error "master cost center missing for personnel number". I have already assigned cost center to the Personnel number, still the error is coming.

Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

master cost center would not be available in travel request dates..

its better to create infotype 27 sub type travel expenses.. then create travel request.

Answers (0)