Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTM-STR generation on weekend

former_member906762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All ,

Currently we are using CTM to create STR between location A and B . We have maintained the receiving and shipping calendar at the Location A and B for Weekdays .

After we run CTM , we see that the STR are being generated on weekend which we do not want .

Can any one provide a solution for this .

REgards,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

CTM considers transportation calendar (assigned to the product specific means of transport, t.code /SAPAPO/SCC_TL1)  to create a STR.

The shipping/receiving calendars are considered for planning GI/GR activities only if no handling resources are maintained in the location master.

Thanks,
Rajesh

former_member906762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh ,

We have 2 locations  A and B

T Lane maintained B to A with transit time 5 days .

Now what i am seeing is

Scenario 1)   **** Transit time is 5 days ( Current date-06/07/2012)

A                                                                                  B

Sales order - 06/08/2012-1(Quantity)                                      Stock -2(Quantity)

PO- 07/15/2012- 2( Quantity)

after we run CTM , we do not have any STR generated and the sales order at A is pegged to PO.

Scenario 2)

A                                                                                  B

Sales order - 06/14/2012-1(Quantity)                                      Stock -2(Quantity)

SNP:PReq -06/14/2012                                               SNP:Rel.PR-06/09/2012

PO- 07/15/2012- 2( Quantity)

QUESTION :  1)  How is the CTM traversing in satisfying the demand ,

2) Why is that for any sales order generated current date+ 5days CTM is                                    starting to look  at B .

Regards,

Nick

former_member906762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh ,

Can you please clarify few points on this scenario . "SAP Document says CTM does not use shipping or receiving calendats in the location master. Instead for shipping and receiving CTM will use the data located in the resource master in the inbound/outbound resource "

But According to you

" The shipping/receiving calendars are considered for planning GI/GR activities only if no handling resources are maintained in the location master."

Can you please tell me what do you mean by planning GI/GR activites and why does SAP Document say that CTM does not use the calendars .

Q) My scenario is quite simple my factory calendar is 7 days , My shipping calendar and Receving calendar is 5 days and so is my transportation calendar . But i still am getting and STR generated on saturday ????

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nick,

Q) My scenario is quite simple my factory calendar is 7 days , My shipping calendar and Receving calendar is 5 days and so is my transportation calendar . But i still am getting and STR generated on saturday ????

Ans) CTM will honour the holiday when you maintain Gr/GI times in Product-Location Master and Shipping or Receiving Timestream ID in the Location Master.

Hope that works.

Regards,

Mahesh

Answers (0)