cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DBA: ANALYZETAB and DBA:CHECKOPT jobs failed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I have a doubt, always when I review SAP using the transaction rz20 I see there’s the following problem:

====================================================================

For JOB: DBA: ANALYZETAB

06.05.2012 04:00:20 Job started

06.05.2012 04:00:28 Step 001 started (program RSDBAJOB, variant &0000000000113, use

06.05.2012 04:00:28 Action unknown in SDBAP <<< Job failed due to this error.

06.05.2012 04:00:28 Job cancelled after system exception ERROR_MESSAGE

For JOB: DBA:CHECKOPT

Date       Time     Message text

05.05.2012 18:15:07 Job started

05.05.2012 18:15:08 Step 001 started (program RSDBAJOB, variant &0000000000112)

05.05.2012 18:15:09 Action ANA Unknown in database ORACLE <<<< Job failed due to this error.

05.05.2012 18:15:09 Job cancelled after system exception ERROR_MESSAGE

====================================================================

In the transaction sm37 I also see this jobs are cancelled

I found myself researching, that i have to apply the note 564576, my doubt and concern is the next:

--I won’t have any problem deleting the entries sdbap y sdbar (delete from sdbap, delete from sdbar)?

--Applying this note won’t affect the jobs stantar programmed en the sm36

--I was searching how to eliminate all the actions programmed en the db13 and I only see I can eliminate them one by one in the current month. It is ok eliminate them one by one??

The note says:

=====================================================================

Delete all actions and the relevant background jobs and reschedule them again:

1. As far as possible, delete all scheduled actions in transaction DB13.

2. Delete the remaining entries in the control tables SDBAP and SDBAR in transaction DB13:

SQL> connect sapr3/<pwd>

SQL> delete from sdbap

SQL> delete from sdbar

3. In transaction SM37, delete the remaining active background jobs whose names start with a "DBA" character string.

4. You can now schedule the actions in DB13 again.

======================================================================

I have installed SAP release Release 6.40 y oracle 9

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yolanda,

>> I won’t have any problem deleting the entries sdbap y sdbar (delete from sdbap, delete from sdbar)?

As a rule of thumb, it is not permitted modify the table content at the database level, by SAP. However, for this case, it will not make a problem to delete these records on the table. Please note that you should be carefully while deleting the records, if you have more than one client in the installation.

>> Applying this note won’t affect the jobs stantar programmed en the sm36

It is correct. Because these tables does not contain job definitions.

>> I was searching how to eliminate all the actions programmed en the db13 and I only see I can eliminate them one by one in the current month. It is ok eliminate them one by one??

If you schedule an action by the "Period (Weeks)" parameter, the system will create the entry for the next weeks, automatically. For example, when you schedule an action for Tuesday (05.06.2012) with Period(Weeks)=1, the system will create entries for the all Tuesdays. You can apply this rule for each day in a week. In summary, you will be able to schedule the action in 7 steps. So if you delete one of the scheduled action, the other jobs will be deleted from the table, belong to the day you deleted. For example, if you delete Tuesday from the table, the other Tuesday entries will be deleted automatically.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you very much Orkun Gedik

Problem solved thanks

Answers (0)