cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am new to SAP SD world, very recently i got a question from my colleague, which is about extending the customer master data to a new sales area, could you please put your comments on this, how it is possible in SAP SD? thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mathews,

Let me give you an live example:

A company manufactures electronics goods, as well as consumer products. Assume that there is a mall who sells all the above range of products, and it is mandatory to maintain the same customer for both the sales areas, am i right?

once a customer is created for a sales area XXYY, Y1, Z1,  then go to VD01 and enter the same customer number and then select the a different sales area XXYY, Y2, Z2 and press enter to create. System will give you a message that " already customer is available, and will be extended", simply press green tick mark and go to all tabs and check if you need to change any thing and  save the customer. Now you can see that the customer is extended for two sales areas.

Venkat Cheedalla

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathews,

welcome to sap , Extending the customer is same as create the customer but mention the existing  information has to maintain . for extending the customer no need to maintain general data only maintain sales area data.

• go to Tcode VD01/XD01 -> Enter account group and extending customer number and new sales area.
  • Enter the referenced data in reference tab and enter
  • fill the sales area data and save.

If you have any further clarification , please let me know.

Regards,

Patchala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can extend the customer the same way you create Customer. Go to VD01, give the number of customeer you want to exend and also the sales area to which you want to extend.

You will get the message that customer got extended.