cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom copy of SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR_J2EE not functioning properly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our company is in the midst of a PI user security redesign.  We have, to this point, been assigning our support personnel to the SAP_* delivered roles.  We are copying/renaming all abap roles, and copying the corresponding roles in the AS Java UME and assigning to the new user groups.  We run a dual-stacked system, with all user to role assignments taking place in AS ABAP.

An issue we've encountered is that new Z* version of SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR_J2EE does not function properly.  For example, our PI Dev team is not able to edit/create namespaces. Assigning the SAP_* role back to the user corrects the problem.

In AS ABAP, we've verified the RFC authorizations in the Z* encompass all authorizations in SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR_J2EE.  In AS Java, I've exported and imported the role multiple times, only changing the role name.  Actions are left identical.  I've also dissociated and associated the Z* role to the Z* user group.  This still fails to function.

Am I missing a piece of the puzzle here?  What could be causing the SAP* version to work, but the Z* not to?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One step further - I mapped the SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR_J2EE UME role to the Z* user group, and it worked.  Copying SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR_J2EE UME role and assigning it to the Z* user group does not work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I should also mention - we're combining the RFC authorizations into a new technical role in the ABAP stack.  We are, however, mapping the copied UME role to the new user group. 

For example:

ABAP: Z_DEV-PI includes SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR_J2EE authorizations

JAVA UME: Z_DEV-PI user group has Z_XI_ADMIN_J2EE role mapped, which is a direct copy of SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR_J2EE.