cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable mail notifications in Solution manager 7.1 SP4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

We have Solution Manager 7.1 SP4. It is used to monitor NW 7.31 Business Process Management application in productive usage deployed on Java only system. Now we are able to monitor predefined Business Process Management metrics as described in 4.4.8 SAP CE/BPM-Specific Monitoring https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000064532012E 

Alerts are also enabled for process and task instances and we can monitor them. What we are still missing is mail notifications on alerts available.

Following Basic configuration document https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000482292011E/SM71_Configuration.pdf I found that we have to do it in Basic configuration->configure SAPconnect 3.3 so I have specified mail host, port, domain, SMTP active (screenshot below). What I see in embedded in SolMan documentation is that job should be created which is not covered in official documentation in Solution manager wiki. So I am trying to find out how to create job and how to test that mail notification is enabled.

Would you please give me some hints or document how to achieve it?

Best regards,

Magdalena

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Magdalena,

From the sapgui, you would access transaction SCOT to check if the SMTP node is enabled and also check the "Send Jobs" button to confirm whether a interval send job has been released.

Regards,

Josh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Josh,

SMTP is enabled

but I do not see any jobs  in "Send Jobs"

Best regards,

Magdalena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Magdalena,

If there is no current job, you should click Send Jobs -> Schedule Job -> Schedule Job for INT.  You will then be prompted for a few parameters like where the job will run and the interval.  Once complete, save and release the job.  You can check the status of the messages from transaction SOST and send them manually as well.

Also, in your original message, you had a "*" for the Domain field.  I'm assuming you did that for security reasons on SCN but that should actually reference the domain that the messages are being sent from.

Regards,

Josh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Josh,

I created job but during the creation I received info notification "Server group is not relevant for a work process". It happened with both available server groups. Once job is created server groups is not also visualized in jobs item list.

When I executed SOST transaction I found that there are no messages available.

There are two alerts currently Alert inbox

Best regards,

Magdalena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Magdalena,

You can leave the Server Group blank to make things easier for your test.  Configuring e-mail capabilities and alerts triggering e-mails are two seperate sets of configuration within Solution Manager.

To test the former, you could use transaction SBWP to create a test email to yourself for example.  In SCOT, it should show up as waiting and then once the next send job iteration runs, you should receive it.  If you don't, you can check SOST for what error occurred during the send job.

Regards,

Josh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Josh,

I used transaction SBWP and sent test mail to my corporate mail account. In SCOT I found that there is 1 waiting message to be sent.

there were no job created so I created new one as

Is SOST the status of message is waiting again and the status text message is SO672 Wait for communications service

Best regards,

Magdalena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Meanwhile I triggered "Start Send process" in SCOT and now I can see that message is no longer in waiting but it is in error state now "XS806.

No delivery to magdalena.georgieva@gmail.com, invalid recipient address". Obviously I have specified wrong mail address. So I sent another test mail in SBWP with correct mail adress which is magdalena.georgieva@sap.com but I received again the same error message in SOST

"XS806.

No delivery to magdalena.georgieva@sap.com, invalid recipient address".

Then I read the error message and found that domain is not correct. Once I specified correct string as domain I received test mail from Solution manager.

Thank you so much:-)

Now the open question is alerts triggering e-mails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Magdalena

As the issue is closed and you have raised another thread for alerts, please award points as eligible and close this thread.

Answers (0)