cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMARTFORMS - Automating language translation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

How to automate the language translation option in smartforms. I know about se63, but i don't want to do manually, every time it should translated to user's

login language.

Thanks in advance.

Gopi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member213851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

In smartforms, if you want a user to see the  text in other languages (other than language in which smartform is created) , in Global settings ,we need to select radio button Into Selected languages and maintain the Translations in that particular language using SE63.

There in no other way to automate this process but to maintain Translations with Human Intervention for selected languages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply!! Sachin.

however when i am trying in se63 it says 'Object does not exist' and i'm not able to 'edit'.

I'm trying to convert from 'en(US)' to 'fr(FR)'. kindly guide me or provide any URL which can help me.

former_member213851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

In SE63 , Use path  Translations->ABAP objects->Other Long Text.

Click on Forms and Styles. Selct Forms.

Please give object name in CAPITALS only .

Also select Source and target language from F4 help only.

If errer still persists,  then chack FORM ATTRIBUTES of your smartform .In general attributes , it must be DO NOT TRANSLATE box is selected or

Into selected Languages . Now Select the language in which you wan to translate and then maintain Translations..

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

I gave in capitals only and i have selected 'into all languages'  radio button in smartforms.

still system shows 'Object does not exist'. !!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gopi,

This is not possible, unless you know how to work with an API.(http://code.google.com/p/google-api-translate-java/)

You need to translate the text yourselves.

Thanks,

Shambu