cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Country of Origin X should not allow to supply or sold goods to country of origin Y

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am having requirement to ban supplies or sale any material ( all types of materials)  from our plant based in USA to one of the country say "Y"

Is there any standard functionality available to meet this requirement ? if yes  or not what way i should go and map this scenario.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do you have plants only in USA or on other countries also?

One of the standard solution is to mark a destination country for Embargo. This will ensure that no Sales order line items with Destination Country marked for Embargo, can be processed further.

IMG - Sales and Distribution - Foreign Trade/Customs - Legal Control - Foreign Trade Data by Country of Destination

Here set put a tick mark in Embargo check box for the said Country & enter a valid to date.

Above will work of all your Plants are based in USA & you want to Ban a particular country say Nigeria. But if you have plants in other countries as well & if you want to allow sales from these Plants to Nigeria, then you will have to look for some other options.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

JIgnesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jignesh,

Thanks for your response, I will explore my requirement in more description way :

We have plant in USA and Other countries also , around 17 countries.

This requirement is not for inter plant transfer or goods sale from one plant to other plant ( located in different countries)

We have plant in USA & also a master Depo in USA, from there material will be sold to across countries ( for example - Germany , India , Dubai , etc)

USA has a ban one country Say Migeria ( l.e any US manufactured product should not be sold to Nigeria , neither from USA and also from Other countries if the material is originated from USA)

If India has buy a product from USA and now Indian Central depo wants to sale this product Nigeria then system should not allow to sale this product as the products originated ( manufactured in USA)

I hope i describe the requirement in more details, please let me know if required any further info.

Thanks

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If India has buy a product from USA and now Indian Central depo wants to sale this product Nigeria then system should not allow to sale this product as the products originated ( manufactured in USA)

While what Jignesh says will work only in straight case that is system will prevent sales from USA to specified countries, it wont work for the above scenario.  May be you have to try with any of the following Embargo Function Modules

=>  /SAPSLL/LC_COUNTRY_EMB_CHECK

=>  /SAPSLL/CNTRY_DB_SGL_READ

=>  /SAPSLL/CCCTRY_DB_SGL_READ

=>  /SAPSLL/CCCTRY

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for your valuable input, but i am not getting these FM , could you please reconfirm it.

Thanks

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where did you check ?   You have to check in SE37.  Ensure that while trying in SE37, you also include the back slash in the begining as I indiated.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I see the requirement from the process point of view and I have the following doubts.

1. It is possible to prevent the flow of materials in general from any country to one specific country in general. This can be enabled by means of sanctioning an embargo. Accepted

2. If the same material gets sold to some other country and this material is again sold to the country under embargo, I have the following doubts.

a. How is this controlled. How do you know that a particular instance of a material is sourced from US to any of the other countries. Unless you use the serial number functionality , this is not possible. However serial number also does not give you sufficient clarity on where it is sourced from and what are the possible routes through which it is trying to reach the country under embargo?

Looking into the complexity I dont know such a control is available in SAP by default. Even in a customised solution, more time should be spend on arriving at the exact logic. and then you can enable this functionality.