Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B2B integration using Axway

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am evaluating B2B edi integration options in SAP PI and one of them where there seems to be little info is using Axway b2b solutions. I have used Seeburger for edi integration and would like to know how axway compares as a edi integration option in SAP PI.

Have any of you come across implementing Axway for EDI to SAP integration and vice versa? If so what are the pros and cons of this solution and what would be the feasibilty of implementing the same?

Thank you in advance.

Warm regards,

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I knew that Axway oiffering B2B solutions but never seen any thread in PI forum who had implemented Axway.

is your client really particular about Axway implementation? i am not 100% sure Axway is SAP partner .

If your client looking for B2B implementation woithpout PI then Axway works but PI point of view i recommend See burger or SAP B2B solutions.

But finally its your customer call to decide..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Raja and Baskar! I have not come across implementing Axway B2B as well, wanted to know if anyone else has

I saw the link about SAP certified Axway B2B solution but was wondering if I could get much more info on it.

Also if licensing costs are an issue Java/XSLT mappings can be used in PI for the edi conversions, any thoughts on how difficult/complex would this be for the standard edi formats like 810, 850 etc

Regards,

Chandra

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why are you really particular about Axway B2B solution? any reson behind this?

XSLT/JAVA Mpaping will not help to achieve EDI conversion and it requires lot of efforts to handle.

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/EDI/Index.htm

If your customer has more EDI trasactions handling then explore about see burger/B2B solution from SAP.

Contact Axxway only to know more info how SAP PI and Axxway B2B solution works.

Regards,

Raj

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Also if licensing costs are an issue Java/XSLT mappings can be used in PI for the edi conversions, any thoughts on how difficult/complex would this be for the standard edi formats like 810, 850 etc

AFAIK, it is quite possible to do edi conversion using java mapping. But it would need extra effort.  You might need to take help from java team if you are not java programmer. If your main concern is only for edi conversion then just java interface itself would enough. In this case, you might not need even to use PI unless you also look for message monitoring, logging, error handling etc. Please check with Axway to check their support on this.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Though Axway seems not familiar with integration with SAP in the forums, But it is certified to integrate with SAP Netweaver.  Please refer the link

http://www.axway.com/press-releases/2008/axway-solutions-certified-integration-sap-netweaver%C2%AE

The document talks about different integration methods to interface with SAP.  Looks like you can interface with or even without PI using this tool.  Please check what type of communication standards it supports to integrate with PI.